Will your dinner be fine on May 9? 5-9-2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Who Cooks

Executive Chef
Yep, Sous Vide rib eye steak again, 122F for 3 hours then a quick sear on my ribbed cast iron skillet. Mashed potatoes. Probably something from the vegetable group.

I got the steak in the manager's special section yesterday, on its sell-by date for 50% off, cost about $3.50. Sure is cheap cooking your own food particularly if you take advantage of specials.

Tonight's meal will be a bit of a this-and-that. There are a few leftovers in the refrigerator that need attention.

We'll have macaroni and cheese, steamed spinach, fried green tomatoes and jumbo hotdogs broiled in the toaster oven. Iced tea to drink and more strawberry shortcake with whipped cream for dessert.

Something easy, a mess of crablegs. I wish I had some broccoli, but oh well. I'll make smashed redskins and garlic bread instead.

Mostly leftovers. I have roast beef in mushroom gravy. Nuked frozen peas, nuked frozen corn, and a tossed salad. If we don't have enough beef there still is the meat part of the grilled pork chop. Still deciding if I want to make mashed potato patties or bake up a small casserole of mac & cheese I pulled from the freezer.

We went out for dinner tonight. I had seafood stuffed enchilada's. They were pretty good but I know I could have made them better. she said modestly.
:rolleyes:

It's almost a curse to eat out and be thinking of how it could be better.
Does anyone else here do that? :ermm:

On second thought, I'll bring this up as a new topic.

Last edited:
:LOL: I know what you mean, Kayelle!

We went for our walk, and I dropped DH off at a friend's bonfire. (No, not IN a friend's bonfire). Came home with Beagle and had tuna salad on healthy sounding but of no nutritional value crackers from Costco.

Went to the local Legion after work for a drink. They were putting on a wing night and had entertainment. After a couple of cold ones, we didn't feel like going home and starting to cook so we decided to eat there. Wings and chips.

Back
Top Bottom