Winner Dinner Wednesday 4-12-2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I have plans. The plans are to make Jacques Pepin's Quiche. His recipe is called "Quiche with Bacon" and uses Gruyere or Emmenthal. I swear I saw him make this dish on one of his TV shows where he used ham and Jarlsberg. I've got the ham and Jarlsberg and fingers crossed. ;)

I may or may not make salad. After getting two future meals going today I'm a little cooked out. Not giving in to take-out, though, unless the quiche is an abysmal failure...which it will not be!

What's winning your taste buds over for supper tonight?

Tasso pasta, which is our homemade tasso ham, carrots, onions, garlic, and zucchini and yellow squash in a cream and chicken broth sauce with a handful of grated parm thrown in at the very last, then served over pasta. Don't need any spices or herbs, there's more than enough spice from the tasso.

Roasted cauliflower cheese soup. I cleaned out the vegetable drawer and threw in some celery leaves and romaine. Leftover chicken nuggets with honey mustard dip.

It was an absolutely gorgeous day out today, so Mister K~girl and I went out to run some errands. Along the way, he announced, "I'm hungry, let's go have some lunch somewhere, you pick."
WHAT?! Sure thing buddy ... so I vetoed Five Guys Burgers and Fries and we went to one of my favorite soup/salad/sandwich places that's a chain in Arizona only. WOW! They are very generous with the food. I ordered a half sandwich and petite salad combo and DH had a full Ham&Cheese on Rye with chips.
We couldn't finish either plate, it was so much.
SO!
We'll finish up our sandwiches and I'll add some sort of side to them.
The plan had been to grill a NY Strip along with some fresh Asparagus, but that'll be on hold til manana :)

We planned to have a bite out but got lazy..
Breakfast for dinner.. Scrambled eggs with sriracha, green onions and diced green chili's added.. Hash browns, bacon and toast.. Easy and very little mess... Chocolate cake for dessert..

We had Thai Chicken Thighs tonight. I've used the recipe several times and it's sticky delicious with some jasmine rice for the sauce, and steamed broccolini on the side.
img_1507123_0_3ea64f0bc13bc140dbc2f01f6d501424.jpg

I don't like peanuts, so I used slivered almonds.
Here's the recipe, and it's a keeper. I used TJ's brand of sweet chili sauce.

http://damndelicious.net/2015/06/17/easy-thai-chicken/

Last edited:
I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon and class tonight, so we just snacked. I made a plate of nachos for me while DH was out for a run. No idea what he ate, but there were lots of leftovers in the fridge.

Working in the yard time, so limited cooking on weekdays. Chicken salad with nuts, cranberries, egg and grapes. sliced Cantaloupe on the side.

We had Thai Chicken Thighs tonight. I've used the recipe several times and it's sticky delicious with some jasmine rice for the sauce, and steamed broccolini on the side.
img_1507161_0_3ea64f0bc13bc140dbc2f01f6d501424.jpg

Easy Thai Chicken - Damn Delicious

Chungah offers some very good recipes... This is one I have not tried but will...

Ross

img_1507174_0_3ea64f0bc13bc140dbc2f01f6d501424.jpg

http://damndelicious.net/2015/06/17/easy-thai-chicken/
That looks delicious, Kay! Pinned it! I think I'd also make some marinated cucumbers with rice vinegar, fish sauce and cilantro, to help counter the stickiness of the sauce. One of the commenters mentioned making sautéed bok choy with sesame oil, garlic and ginger as a side. That sounds amazing, too! I still have a lot of rainbow chard in the garden that I could sub for the bok choy :yum:

Last edited:
Chungah offers some very good recipes... This is one I have not tried but will...

Ross

Boy, that's the truth Ross! That girl can really cook and she's one of my favorite bloggers. Damn Delicious. Buy the way, I only used 4 thighs but made the full recipe for the killer sauce.:yum:

That looks delicious, Kay! Pinned it! I think I'd also make some marinated cucumbers with rice vinegar, fish sauce and cilantro, to help counter the stickiness of the sauce. One of the commenters mentioned making sautéed bok choy with sesame oil, garlic and ginger as a side. That sounds amazing, too! I still have a lot of rainbow chard in the garden that I could sub for the bok choy :yum:

Love those side dish ideas GG. :chef:

That looks and sounds wonderful, Kay! Spicy goodness right there. :yum: I just put her blog in my favorites to browse through a little later.

Back
Top Bottom