Winner winner, chicken dinner 4/18/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
Crockpot chicken breasts tonight, cooked with the leftover mushroom soup from yesterday, with a bit of yogurt thrown in.

And you?

We've got lentil soup with ham hocks (Lilly gets those when done), and a salad.

Apple pie for dessert!

Last edited by a moderator:
A small salad from the bottom of the bag, no prince in this one! :clap:

A breaded veal patty and broccoli with marinara sauce and melted cheese.

Remember breaded veal patties, they were a standard item with my elementary school lunch ladies!

SIL is traveling, so daughter and grandbaby came over for dinner. SIL is not a fish eater, so I made something that daughter doesn't eat at home. Fresh swordfish on the grill, baked potato, asparagus. Grandbaby got smooshed sweet potato and a bottle. We had a bottle, but it was smooshed grapes that were fermented.

Comfort Food For Us

It has been a very stress filled time of late.
So I decided that I would make us an ol' stand by,
Kalua Pig (Pork) with Cabbage and Sweet Onions,
served over steamed white Rice... add a splash of shoyu on top just to gild the lily a bit.
kalua pig and cabbage.jpg
[file photo]

Dawg, you inspired me yesterday so I have a pot of mushroom soup on.

This one is with with dried porcini and wild mushrooms. I fried up some diced Pancetta and deglazed with some Sherry before adding the BTB mushroom flavor with water and the shrooms. The stick blender will be used before adding a little TJ's shelf stable heavy cream. That should round out last night's leftovers. :yum:

SIL is traveling, so daughter and grandbaby came over for dinner. SIL is not a fish eater, so I made something that daughter doesn't eat at home. Fresh swordfish on the grill, baked potato, asparagus. Grandbaby got smooshed sweet potato and a bottle. We had a bottle, but it was smooshed grapes that were fermented.

I wish I had been there. You make me drool.

We had chicken too, Dawgluver. I smoked some chicken in the smoker, periodically mopped with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. Served with macaroni salad from the local deli and a veg.

Oh my gosh, such great sounding dinners here tonight! Yum!

I've been on an avocado kick lately. :yum: Had one yesterday with the pulled pork tacos.

This afternoon I made guacamole and pico de gallo, and fried up some corn tortillas for dippin'. Watermelon on the side. I still have two more avocados to use up so one of them will probably be included in tomorrow's dinner as well. :LOL: I was too hungry to take a pic so used a file pic, but it looked pretty much the same. Yum, I'm stuffed.

Attachments

• guacamole and salsa.jpg
    guacamole and salsa.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Chicken-check. Avocado-check. I guess I can join tonight's dinner party. We had summer for a day by us (76 degrees and sun), so I put huge piles of mixed greens tossed with carrots, celery, and radishs on dinner plates, then topped with cut-up ham, chicken, mushrooms, black and green olives, tomato, shredded cheese, and boiled eggs. I added avocado slices and sunflower seeds to mine, cut up scallions and a handful of dukkah for Himself Baked up a tube of Grands biscuits. I have to stop buying those things...:ermm:

Attachments

• 2016-04-18 21.20.34.jpg
    2016-04-18 21.20.34.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 215
Chicken-check. Avocado-check. I guess I can join tonight's dinner party. We had summer for a day by us (76 degrees and sun), so I put huge piles of mixed greens tossed with carrots, celery, and radishs on dinner plates, then topped with cut-up ham, chicken, mushrooms, black and green olives, tomato, shredded cheese, and boiled eggs. I added avocado slices and sunflower seeds to mine, cut up scallions and a handful of dukkah for Himself Baked up a tube of Grands biscuits. I have to stop buying those things...:ermm:
Yum!!

This afternoon I made guacamole and pico de gallo, and fried up some corn tortillas for dippin'. Watermelon on the side. I still have two more avocados to use up so one of them will probably be included in tomorrow's dinner as well. :LOL: I was too hungry to take a pic so used a file pic, but it looked pretty much the same. Yum, I'm stuffed.
Another Yum!!

Thank you, Steve.

Just wanted to pop back in here and comment on your dinner pics, Kgirl and CG - those look delicious! CG, I do LOVE those loaded up salads. Yum.

Rock, you've inspired me to get some chili out of the freezer sometime this week. Sounds good. I might have to make some jalapeno corn muffins to go with it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom