Winner, Winner Friday Dinner 6-3-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
I am making a braised country style pork rib, one pot meal. The braise will be based on Mojo Criollo as the liquid. Potatoes, carrots and onions for veges and rice on the side.:yum:

Takeout pepperoni, mushroom, and onion pizza, extra thin crust, and burn it.

I made a big batch of Sausage and Shrimp Gumbo. The roux is made from oat fiber and is low carb. Believe it or not, it tastes exactly like the real deal.

img_1468533_0_f7cdbd606431f3a77230c7cbf6f92092.jpg

Mouth is watering from that photo, Steve :yum:

No idea what is for dinner. We're coming to the end of a five-hour drive home from the mountains. Once we unload the coolers, we'll decide whether to eat leftovers from the week or order pizza. I'm already leaning toward the pizza ;)

I did a Sam's club run this afternoon. Picked up a pkg of twice baked potatoes. Got them baking in the toaster oven. They are huge so we'll just do those and salads.

I'll be grilling some country-style ribs with Ah-So sauce at SO's request. We'll have a salad too.

Doing up some some fajitas on the grill. I have onions, jalapenos, peppers, limes on skewers and am charring them as we speak. Then I have some rib eye ends I brought home from work and marinated them in chipotle in adobo, Corona, garlic and cumin.....

I made a big batch of Sausage and Shrimp Gumbo. The roux is made from oat fiber and is low carb. Believe it or not, it tastes exactly like the real deal.

img_1468559_0_f7cdbd606431f3a77230c7cbf6f92092.jpg

This looks wonderful. I already have andouille sausage in the freezer. I don't care about carbs so I will make it the normal way and have it with rice.

Steve....your Sausage and Shrimp Gumbo looks soooo good - has my mouth watering for some. :yum:

Rock...I LOVE fajitas and those look great. It reminded me that I haven't made those in a couple of months. Our local grocery has skirt steak on sale this weekend, I think fajitas will be on the menu.

I ran some errands out in town early this afternoon and ended up stopping at my favorite little mom and pop restaurant for one of their delicious (huge!) hamburgers with steak fries. I'll just nibble a little bit later on.

Everyone's meals sound better than ours!
I'm still trying to get use to this new kitchen in the rental apartment that we have the next 4-6 months.
Some burners on the stovetop are REALLY hot and I wound up burning one side of the chicken thighs that I was trying to saute, but decided to change pans and burners and got the other side okay-dokey... added some marinara and topped it all with some shredded mozzarella; some orecchiette and a small loaf of ciabatta on the side, MMM! Who knew that one side of that chicken was burnt?

Purdy fajitas, Rock.

Steve, I couldn't do gumbo carb-free. My mouth needs the rice to temper the heat. I don't have an asbestos mouth like you do. ;)

Joey, that trout must have been sooooooo delicious with as fresh as it was.

Kayelle, I saved that recipe. I think I'll send Himself out to grill the chicken though, and just glaze it with that sauce near the end of cooking.

We knocked off all the rest of the leftovers. We shared the bowl of cheesy cauliflower soup. Then Himself finished the ribs, rice & beans, and corn off the cob. I made another fajita salad. I have lots of room in the fridge for a big shop tomorrow.

was.

Kayelle, I saved that recipe. I think I'll send Himself out to grill the chicken though, and just glaze it with that sauce near the end of cooking.

That sauce would be wonderful to finish grilled chicken CG. For baking I made that amount of sauce for 4 thighs instead of 8 thighs and it was the perfect amount. The balance of flavors is spot on imo.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom