Winner, winner Monday dinner, 8-21-17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
I was looking for recipes using the black cumin/nigella seeds that Craig bought and found https://www.gousto.co.uk/cookbook/chicken-recipes/fruity-indian-chicken-salad. I made a couple of changes, used currants instead of the sultanas, and I added some fresh garlic and ginger, sautéed just a bit in vege oil, to the rice, then cooked it. Craig added more of the homemade mango chutney to his salad, it was a bit spicy. He also wanted some extra yogurt for his naan, but I had already used what we had making marinade for butter chicken later in the week. This was really good and we'll make again.

Attachments

• 2017-08-21 18.14.37.jpg
    2017-08-21 18.14.37.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Looks delicious, Med! :yum:

I had planned to grill a Tri Tip tonight, but it was raining hard. So I did it in the sous vide and finished on the stovetop. The side is cauliflower "veggie tots."

OfTq4lH.jpg

Jeannie had a craving for linguica...
Picked up a loaf of soft white Wonder bread, lathered it with mayo, placed a thick slice of sweet red onion on top of the browned linguica and made Jeannie very happy...

Pudding later...

Ross

Man, great looking and sounding dinners tonight.

It was hot and humid today, so we had a light early dinner in which we all pitched in before football practice. Imade seared Ahi tuna steaks the were sprinkled with black sesame seeds, DW made a steamed veggie mix, and my boy made dippung sauces for the tuna of a wasabi mayo, and a peanut/soy/garlic sauce.

I picked up my dinner for work on the way in: Chicken chow mein, boneless ribs, and veggie spring rolls.

Neighbors, including next door who hosted the event, went mushroom hunting today. Found 10 pounds of porcini's. Here's some photos of the feast.

Attachments

• DSCN6209.jpg
    DSCN6209.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCN6211.jpg
    DSCN6211.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 149
  • DSCN6222.jpg
    DSCN6222.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCN6224.jpg
    DSCN6224.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 137
I traded some of my backyard cayenne peppers for some jalapeños from a neighbor's garden. I stuffed them with a mix of cream cheese and shredded cheddar, beer-battered them, and fried them. They were HOT, but also had good flavor to them.

I had some fresh fruit for "desert" to "cool down."

CD

Big Kahuna Burgers? :shock:

CD ;)

Mine was bigger than SO's and GD's. GD fried up some onions and we added tomato, cheese and genoa salami (for me). I should have taken a picture. Mine was about 6"tall but I did manage to get it into my big mouth to take a bite.

We stopped at a local favorite at our current location (Clinton KY), "Golden Girls Restaurant". Old fashunned country cooking. We both ordered country ham dinners. Himself had his with mashed potatoes and cucumber/onion salad plus a garden salad. My sides were simmered mixed greens and Italian green beans. No room for dessert, but that didn't stop us. [emoji38] Two slices of pie, please - lemon meringue for him, coconut cream for her. Worth. Every. Calorie.

I heated up some of the leftover Italian sausage pasta sauce I made the other day and boiled some tortellini to mix with it. I also made bruschetta with homemade bread and pesto topped with a garden tomato and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.

While DH was exercising, I got hungry so I made a quick salad of the rest of the tomato and sliced cucumber drizzled with red wine vinegar and olive oil and sprinkled with salt. Yum :yum:
0821172053a_HDR.jpg

Drove up to North GA for the eclipse. Went to Crane Creek Vineyards in Young Harris GA. Just happened to be the same town my daughter is at college, just by accident :). Got there about 12, ate lunch, drank wine and watched the eclipse, 100% coverage, man was it awesome.

Yesterday I made Ossobuco alla Milanese with risotto alla Milanese followed by ice cream made at the local bar (to die for!) - pistachio, hazelnut, and stracciatella - nice bottle of wine (I drink virtually no alcohol these days after I had a perforated ulcer at the start of this year, but I had a sip of each, all from a local producer just over the valley and immediately felt ill). Tonight I'm doing supplì with the risotto left over and a scalloppina alla Milanese - Wieneschnitzel, really, but they also make it in Milan - and a salad, and peaches and apricots. it's the season. The grapes this year are wonderful, and it's going to be a bumper harvest all over Italy, both for table grapes and for wine production, and it's been so hot they'll start harvesting before too long now.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

Back
Top Bottom