Winner, winner, Sunday dinner, 9-24-17?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Kaesespatzele with a salad. It's ready to bake as soon as we get a pot of gumbo going for later in the week.

Patriots win!

Red Sox win!

Now I can think about dinner. We're having leftovers tonight from the one pot chili mac I made Friday night.

Having Shrimp stuffed Eggplant as soon as my friend arrives with the ingredients. She has sold her house and yesterday her stove left (a week before she does)... so is cooking here ... I can handle that! :LOL:

Grilled Top Round Londin Broil (American style), and grilled garlic rubbed sweet onions.

We've got choices. The mac and cheese with bacon, or the cold lemon parmesan pasta salad. Hmmmm, carbs or carbs?!? I'm probably going to have some chopped tomatoes with some taco meat.

Pork schnitzel and crispy hash brown patties all smothered in mushroom gravy.. Sauteed zucchini as a side dish..

Ice cream for later..

Ross

Sunday Dinner - Mexican Cobb salad with spicy shrimp and southwest ranch dressing, tortilla strips and salsa picante, citrus marinated grilled chicken breast (think El Pollo Loco), Mexican yellow rice, Mexicorn and either a 2016 Starling Castle Gewürztraminer or a 2015 Marie Chardon Sauvignon Blanc

Last edited:
Our dinner, salad with homemade 1000 island. Used emmenthaler cheese, caramelized onions for the kaesespatzle, and my speck of course.

Attachments

• 2017-09-24 19.07.38.jpg
    2017-09-24 19.07.38.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Pasta primavera with a combination roasted and raw veggies tpssed with garden pesto and lemon sauce. Side was a bit of a head scratcher. So I just sliced some radish, cukes kalamata olive and more tomatoes. Quite good if I do say so.

Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breast (seasoned and seared on stovetop in cast iron pan then finished in oven at 425°F convection roast), jasmine rice (mushrooms and onion (sautéed in butter till soft), rice, saffron and chicken broth), microwave steamed baby spinach and lemon pan gravy.

chicken_rice_spinach_092417_P1100248.JPG

Pasta primavera with a combination roasted and raw veggies tpssed with garden pesto and lemon sauce. Side was a bit of a head scratcher. So I just sliced some radish, cukes kalamata olive and more tomatoes. Quite good if I do say so.

Sounds tasty. Pasta primavera is one of those dishes that doesn't need a side, btw. Maybe a little crusty bread.

If you are having guests, try a little antipasto platter before you serve the pasta. That's very Italian.

CD

You all are killin' me again with these wonderful dinners! :ohmy::yum:

Ross, sounds like you're out of your cooking rut - pork schnitzel, 'taters, and mushroom gravy sounds delish. :yum:

No dinner here for me - maybe a tiny little snack later. Daughter, grandson and I went out to lunch today. I had a loaded up salad with lots of crunchy veggies, and still managed to devour most of an order of fish and chips (from the senior menu, so it was a little bit smaller). :) It was a delicious lunch.

Last edited:
Just for grins, the photographer actually made a photo. Wings, seasoned with salt, black pepper, granulated garlic and cayenne pepper and grilled on the Weber.

They were good. The cayenne gave them a nice kick. I got a little neck sweat going. :chef:

CD

Attachments

• Wings9-17-001.jpg
    Wings9-17-001.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 123
Back
Top Bottom