Winner Winner What's for Dinner? May 26th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I have a condo board meeting tonight so dinner for me will be something quick when I get home. We have leftovers for SO.

What are you planning?

A no recipe pasta using oven dried tomatoes (done this past weekend), chicken thighs and petite mozzarella balls.:yum:

Himself will grill Italian sausage. I'm pan frying onions and various peppers to toss on top. Maybe fry out a potato, too. Salad on the side.

Too bad I hadn't planned on tacos for today. This one looks pretty tasty. ;)

tacocat.jpg

Love the Taco CG! :LOL:

We had grilled steak and prawn skewers, with sauted onion and mushrooms, steamed asparagus, cucumber and tomatoes.

I am still trying to get used to meat again, but ate my whole (5 oz) steak!
:)

I'm making turkey burgers with baked beans. Have chips and pretzels to go with. I'll slice up a tomato and fry up some turkey bacon to dress them up.

Last night was steak so the following night is usually a past a dish I make with leftover stead, if there is any. I grew up calling it Ragu, but it isn't really. It is chopped steak, onions, garlic, celery, all sateed and then I add some beef broth and then add pasta and finish it in the broth. Beefy Noodles.

We're making stuffed bell peppers tonight using orange bell peppers, ground beef, onion, tomatoes, & cheese.

Also including a salad of spring greens and Vinaigrette dressing with fresh sliced tomatoes.

:chef:

We're just nibbling on leftovers tonight. It was Taco Tuesday earlier.

I pulled some spinach leaves, radishes, carrots and a couple of tomatoes from my little container garden this afternoon. I'll add some romaine and whisk up a quick vinaigrette for a dinner salad.

I'm kind of hungry for more than that though, so I might hard cook a couple of eggs to add to it, or make deviled eggs for a side. Not sure yet.

We're doing leftovers, too - smoked baby back ribs and potato salad. DH brought home leftover sliced apples and caramel sauce from a meeting at work. Delicious with the pork.

I've had some nice thick pork chops in brine, and I'll be pan frying them soon. I'm also making Fresh Corn Pudding, and I'll be steaming some broccolini.

Kay, is the corn pudding from the link Aunt Bea posted? I read it, and it sounds and looks really good. :yum: How did you like it?

It wasn't really dinner--it was a test drive of gnocchi from the local fresh pasta shop. The gnocchi is frozen (unlike the other fresh pasta I picked up). Because gnocchi is so soft, they freeze it. So I thawed it to see how it behaved so we can get give instructions to our clients. I tossed it with the remaining fiddlehead fern pesto. Tomorrow I will be test driving the gnocchi with a lamb ragu. I am not a pasta person--have three different pasta dishes to make tomorrow. Not looking forward to it--the temp is supposed to be around 35 C with the humidex. I've already decided I'm not wearing a bar.

Thanks, Kay - sounds really good, I'll have to try that. And what a fun website! I could get lost in there for a couple of hours. :)

Back
Top Bottom