Winner, Winner, What's For Dinner?? Sunday 2/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like to add chopped hard cooked egg to my enchilada's like my mom always did.

img_1109967_0_bc03656fc818a359f750144e2b95b5f2.jpg
That looks so good!!

Eggs in the filling, on top or both?

My mom (and now I) put chopped hard boiled eggs in the lasagna layers and in baked ziti.

very nice, rock, mofet, and k-l.

mofet, your burgundy gravy kills me every time i see it. i could eat your gravy right from a gravy boat with a spoon.

k-l, you've got me craving a dish from a local mexican restaurant called carne tampiquenas. it's a grilled shell steak topped with pico de gallo served on a platter next to enchiladas that look exactly like yours. yumm!!!

i had a really nice dinner tonight with my son. dw had a bad day.

unfortunately, she got food poisoning from the takeout we had last night (so much for the new sushi place :(), so after work this morning i set dw up with something to eat and ginger ale, and she went back to bed for the day while i took my boy to my niece's birthday party.

after the party, we went to a perkins restaurant for dinner. it was nice to just sit with him and talk about stuff while we ate: hockey standings, lins-anity, cub scouts, power rangers, s-b-d's, and so on. you know, guy stuff.

we started with house salads with blue cheese dressing, then had lentil soups. my boy had a mini pizza, i had calf's liver with bacon and onions. i tried to trick him into eating liver by calling it "calf steak", but he spit out the bite i gave him even with bacon. oh well, he'll have to learn to like liver as an adult someday.
i have to admit that the liver was delicious, cooked perfectly, but the pizza sucked so i thought it would work.

dessert was apple pie, and we brought home a rice pudding and more ginger ale for poor dw who was still green at the gills.

Thank you bucky.

LIVER yuk!! Sorry the only liver I eat is Mother Goose liverwurst. Hope your DW feels better.

Last edited:
Beautiful, Rock and MsM! MsM, we need to get you on a different shift. I've been missing your pics!

is that what's got msm under the radar lately? somebody put her on the dc payroll as one of our full-time food photogs! (i've been horribly and hungrily missing your fabulous photos, msm) :) delicious looking gravy laden beef bourg_____ dish, msm....:yum:

vitauta said:
is that what's got msm under the radar lately? somebody put her on the dc payroll as one of our full-time food photogs! (i've been horribly and hungrily missing your fabulous photos, msm) :) delicious looking gravy laden beef bourg_____ dish, msm....:yum:

Yumm, Kayelle and LT! Beautiful crust, LT.

Vit, MsM said in a previous post that her job would take her away from us and her daily cooking, and she could only share with us on weekends. :(

Last edited:
Yumm, Kayelle and LT! Beautiful crust, LT.

Vit, MsM said in a previous post that her job would take her away from us and her daily cooking, and she could only share with us on weekends. :(

Beautiful, Rock and MsM! MsM, we need to get you on a different shift. I've been missing your pics!

Thank you DL and vit. So sorry but I need to bring home some bacon or I can't cook it up. LOL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom