Winter Blues Get Together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A good pot of bean soup would be wonderful! I haven't made that since last winter. It would go really well with this "cheesy spoonbread" that someone is going to point us to.

It's also time for stuffed cabbage, duck roasted in kraut, and a big cassoulet. :chef::chef::chef:

goboenomo said:
Who?

You must be a light eater

I am sure out of the thousands of members, there must be quite a few vegetarians, don't you agree?

Yes, most of the time I am a light eater but I make out for it by eating more meals than most. As people around here say (free translation) "eat a little at a time but eat many times."

I'm for any type of soup, but I just gotta try Elfs cheesy spoonbread:) Will most likely do mine on saturday as i'd never live to tell about it if I tried soup for my gang,they would bay at the moon with out some type of meat, bread,salad,veggie and dessert, plus an appy before hand .They can handle the soup as long as it goes with the above!!!:ROFLMAO: Great idea Alix, I've been wanting soup...

kadesma

boufa06 said:
I am sure out of the thousands of members, there must be quite a few vegetarians, don't you agree?

Yes, most of the time I am a light eater but I make out for it by eating more meals than most. As people around here say (free translation) "eat a little at a time but eat many times."

Maybe a couple...

I suggested pasta. That's nice and filling.

Yes but this is a special occasion. You don't want to have to eat alot of small meals on something like thanksgiving. Today is one of those speical days....
ummmm DC's OMFA Day! (One meal for all) :P

OY! Gobo, you are under no obligation to participate if you don't care for the menu I choose. You can pick your OWN menu and start a thread here for all to join in for some other date.

Thank you for the suggestions all. I am loving the ones I have read so far. Keep them coming and stay tuned for the actual menu which will be posted tomorrow.

When did I say I didn't care what you pick?
Did you even pick something?

I was telling boufa that perhaps on this occasion, the members of DC would like to eat until they are full. And I was suggesting a dish that would fill those people and give others the choice whether to have it with meat or not.

Gobo, what I am trying to say is that instead of offering suggestions you are complaining about what others have suggested and that is NOT what this thread is for. I am once again trying to get things back on track so that I don't have to wade through a lot of extraneous stuff when I am trying to decide on a menu. Is that clearer?

Well, I'm having beouf bourginnone on Saturday (family are around and I don't want to spend hours in the kitchen!) followed by Tipsy Laird.

If you already have plans for a certain meal then this probably isn't the time to participate in this event. Gobo - you are not limited to JUST potato soup - you can make whatever you want to go with it. The way I make potato soup I guarantee it will fill you up! That spoonbread is wonderful - have I told you that yet? :LOL:

I already have a soup planned for the next time we do this - and it can be used as Christmas gifts too - it's actually one of those "gifts in a jar" that is fabulous!!!!!! So, we can have dinner and get some presents out of the way! :chef:

Last edited:
Looking forward to whatever is planned. I'm always looking for new ideas on what to make for dinner.

Kitchenelf, have you posted this spoonbread I'm hearing so much about? I've never had spoonbread but I am intrigued. The potato soup sounds good. I'm sure dh would not complain.

Thanks for starting this up again, Alix. I had forgotten about dine with us.

kitchenelf said:
It's here after the Bean and Pasta Salad - same post
This sounds great - I have never tried it before - one question...I have some hot peppers that I dried out - Would I be able to use these instead of the canned ones?? They are on the HOT side.

Reanie525i said:
This sounds great - I have never tried it before - one question...I have some hot peppers that I dried out - Would I be able to use these instead of the canned ones?? They are on the HOT side.

The green chilies are not that hot. They have a certain "flavor". You can definitely use your dried peppers though - I plan on spicing mine up more this time too. I was going to do it via ground red pepper but I think I will add some chili flakes now that you mentioned that. I am still going to add the green chilies, like I said, they lend that certain flavor that only they can lend.

kitchenelf said:
The green chilies are not that hot. They have a certain "flavor". You can definitely use your dried peppers though - I plan on spicing mine up more this time too. I was going to do it via ground red pepper but I think I will add some chili flakes now that you mentioned that. I am still going to add the green chilies, like I said, they lend that certain flavor that only they can lend.
Would you like me to send you some of the peppers - I have tons - They are really good - combined 3 to 4 types in my dehydrator - If you would really like some please PM me your addy and I will send ASAP -

O.K., I wish I'd seen this post before I posted and showed my ignorance...again.

Alix, this sounds like so much fun - I'm off to reread the other post and see what my menu is for Saturday!! Thanks!

Uffda! and what is wrong with lutefisk, may I ask???? ;)

Back
Top Bottom