Wondering what's for dinner Fri, Nov 15th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
This forum has been sorely lacking in the inspiration department lately... just so ya know ;)

I have no idea.
So let the ideas and dinners pour in...

Mini fusilli topped with mushroom sauce, seasoned and toasted bread crumbs and fresh grated romano and parmesan cheeses

inspirational?hmmmm,more inventive than inspirational i guess.never paired seafood & gnocchi before.never seen seafood paired with gnocchi before either.but it worked,by george it worked!!which is just as well 'cos it's all i had in.bit of a scrabble around the fridge/freezer turned up a pack of fresh gnocchi,smoked pancetta,about a glass of muscadet left in a bottle at the bottom of the fridge & a lump of broccoli.found some prawns,queenies & chipirones,frozen cubes of garlic,chilli & mr yamamoto:ermm: in the freezer."what to make"thunk i?i know:idea:!!gnocchi with broccoli,pancetta,prawns,queenies & chipirones in a muscadet,garlic & chilli jus..genius!! ha!oh yeah,ice cold peroni in keeping with the italian thing,mmm,goin' on........

Attachments

• GNOCCHI WITH MIXED SEAFOOD 001.JPG
    GNOCCHI WITH MIXED SEAFOOD 001.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 168
  • GNOCCHI WITH MIXED SEAFOOD 002.JPG
    GNOCCHI WITH MIXED SEAFOOD 002.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 163
  • GNOCCHI WITH MIXED SEAFOOD 004.JPG
    GNOCCHI WITH MIXED SEAFOOD 004.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 160
  • GNOCCHI WITH MIXED SEAFOOD 005.JPG
    GNOCCHI WITH MIXED SEAFOOD 005.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 171
  • GNOCCHI WITH MIXED SEAFOOD 006.JPG
    GNOCCHI WITH MIXED SEAFOOD 006.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 172
  • GNOCCHI WITH MIXED SEAFOOD 007.JPG
    GNOCCHI WITH MIXED SEAFOOD 007.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 169
  • GNOCCHI WITH MIXED SEAFOOD 008.JPG
    GNOCCHI WITH MIXED SEAFOOD 008.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 180
  • GNOCCHI WITH MIXED SEAFOOD 009.JPG
    GNOCCHI WITH MIXED SEAFOOD 009.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 204
  • GNOCCHI WITH MIXED SEAFOOD 011.JPG
    GNOCCHI WITH MIXED SEAFOOD 011.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Hi Msmofet, nice to see you again! Dinner sounds lovely. :yum: Harry, beautiful looking seafood dish as always! Andy, I'll have to look up Munti, not familiar with it and I always like to learn about new (to me) dishes.

No cooking for me tonight. Tired, and been craving a pizza so I'm going to just order from Pizza Factory. I love their thin crust pizzas with artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, spinach, and olive oil. So that's what it'll be. :yum: :ROFLMAO:

edited...Andy, just saw that you put the link for Munti in your post - that sounds delish!

Last edited:
Been baking all day and sort of have no desire to actually eat a thing. However...

I've just prepped two really, really thick pork chops for stuffed chops. They promise to be delicious and I can use the already-hot oven. Think I'll bake a sweet potato and steam some green beans. Found some zucchini bread we'll have for dessert.

Harry, looks wonderful!

Katie, with what are you stuffing the chops?

I'm making a variation of Thai-style pork in sweet chili sauce from the Steamy Kitchen cookbook. I don't have chicken but I have pork loin, so will sub that. The recipe also includes bell peppers, onions, fish sauce and soy sauce. I'll serve it over rice.

Last edited:
Harry, looks wonderful!

Katie, with what are you stuffing the chops?

I'm making a variation of Thai-style pork in sweet chili sauce from the Steamy Kitchen cookbook. I don't have chicken but I have pork loin, so will sub that. The recipe also includes bell peppers, onions, fish sauce and soy sauce. I'll serve it over rice.

They're stuffed with chopped celery leaves, chopped onion, breadcrumbs, parsley, thyme, sage, paprika, salt and pepper and moistened with chicken broth.

The chops are stuffed, then browned in butter and, finally, baked in a covered dish with a little more chicken broth.

That looks like it works REAL well, Harry.
I love gnocchis.

Tacos.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 188
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 169
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 184
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 210
Well, I did something I haven't done since 2005. My wife's dad gave her some coupons (as he often does) and there was one for McDonalds. So we decided to live a little dangerously tonight and each had a Big Mac.

I used to live on fast food when I was 20-something and could eat whatever I wanted, but I can tell already that I'll probably pay for this later. :unsure:

On a related note, is it just me or does the smell of fast food linger for a long time? I can still smell "special sauce" even though we ate two hours ago.

Last edited:
That sounds good Andy...I'll have to give it a try.

MsM....I'm SO glad to see you again and hope you're feeling better. Whata bummer! :flowers:

Great pics Harry and Pac!

I scored at the dollar store today:punk: They had the most beeeeautiful fresh asparagus at a buck a pound. I could hardly believe my eyes at this time of year, and people were practically fighting over it. I grabbed 5 lbs and didn't feel a bit guilty, although I got some snide looks. :ermm:

I've been wanting to pickle some for a long time but I used some of it in an old stand by of a keeper recipe for a dinner casserole with chicken called "Chicken Asparagus Ole'"
If anyone wants the recipe I'll be happy to type it out tomorrow. :chef:

Would love the recipe, Kayelle! Great asparagus score!

We went out for Thai, split some Tom Kha soup. I had Crying Tiger beef, DH had Penang Salmon. Good stuff. Except for the salmon, DH loves salmon. I don't.

Last edited:
They're stuffed with chopped celery leaves, chopped onion, breadcrumbs, parsley, thyme, sage, paprika, salt and pepper and moistened with chicken broth.

The chops are stuffed, then browned in butter and, finally, baked in a covered dish with a little more chicken broth.

Sounds really good. That will be on the menu soon...it's been so long since I've had stuffed pork chops. :yum:

I had tacos tonight too. And chicken tostadas and ceviche. Mmmmmm. We went to an El Salvadoran restaurant called Acajutla. It was delicious.

Back
Top Bottom