Worst Food Memory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gb i had a similar experience to yours only mine was brussel sprouts.
and my dad gave up after they ended back up on the table :oops:

Chicken.......did I say Chicken. For some reason my father had a brillant idea to raise chickens when I was young....oh I'd say I was probably about 10. Oh they were the cutest darn things all yellow and fuzzy when he brought them home. Eventually they grew and it was up to us kids to feed and water them. Now keep in mind we lived in a small town just on the outskirts of the city........no one I knew of had chickens. Well anyway being a sort of city girl I thought it was pretty cool to have some of the country life right there on my property. Well that all changed when I discovered what those darn chickens were actually for. Took me a long time to eat a chicken let alone an egg. Well eventually we got rid of the chickens......heck they probably fried them all for all I remember. Well it was later in my high school years I got off the bus and cut through the neighbors yard to get to my house. I rounded the corner and saw some type of wire stretched all across my dads bed of his truck........oh my gosh theres chickens in there I though and just then I came all the way around the corner and WHACK..........off with its head. Oh I can't tell you what I thought and thankfully I knew better to let the words spilling up from my gut spill out within dads ear shot :D So it took me a long time to eat another piece of chicken. Today........I really don't have too much trouble with the whole chicken thing. Every once in awhile I'll crack an egg and it doesn't look like a normal egg if you know what I mean and I'll just pass on that meal :D

About 10 years ago we were on vacation in northern MN. After a morning of fishing, we decided to have lunch at a cafe in a small town down the road. They had a limited menu, so we all ordered hot beef sandwiches. It was absolutely the worst meal any of us ever had, before or after. The bread was stale, the beef was tough and grissled, the mashed potatoes were watery/lumpy and the gravy was floury. The coffee tasted like battery acid and the cream curdled when added to it. The waitress, who was bigger than a WWF wrestler and had more tattoos, knocked over my glass of water, dumping it in my lap. This has come to be referred to as "The Meal From Hell."

Psiguyy said:
While it's not a worst story, it is something I find really bothersome.

I went to a child's birthday party a few years ago. Lots and lots of people there. When I saw the cake, I couldn't get over the fact that we were eating a cake with the face of the kid on the cake.

I just find it so unappetizing to be eating a cake decorated with the face of a real person, much less the child of honor...

"Oh! Look! I'm eating your nose!"

The Baking instructor at my college would do that for customers. He'd ask for a picture, scan it to his computer, then print the image on rice paper (edible). The paper would then be laid flat onto a cake. It was a really big hit with the local kids.

AllenMI said:
Psiguyy said:
While it's not a worst story, it is something I find really bothersome.

I went to a child's birthday party a few years ago. Lots and lots of people there. When I saw the cake, I couldn't get over the fact that we were eating a cake with the face of the kid on the cake.

I just find it so unappetizing to be eating a cake decorated with the face of a real person, much less the child of honor...

"Oh! Look! I'm eating your nose!"

The Baking instructor at my college would do that for customers. He'd ask for a picture, scan it to his computer, then print the image on rice paper (edible). The paper would then be laid flat onto a cake. It was a really big hit with the local kids.

Has anyone seen Steel Magnolias? There was a wedding cake shaped like a life-size armadillo. It was so gross especially when the guests cut off the head and the tail and red syrup was oozing out of it ...!

omg that was the ugliest cake... wasn't it grey???
then it was cut and then the red oozed?
just the ugliest groomsman cake i have ever seen.
great movie though

I was eating a Hersheys chocolate bar when I noticed it was crawling with maggots.

I was drinking from a soda can, the soda tasted bad and I found a big greasy clump of metal turnings in the soda.

aruzinsky, I've never experienced anything like that myself but I've heard of it happening to other people so if and when i ever eat a candy bar i always break in up in pieces before eating it to make sure that there is nothing in it that shouldn't be there.

And for the soda cans i never drink out of a can i always pour my soda into a drinking glass for the same reason as the candy

aruzinsky said:
I was eating a Hersheys chocolate bar when I noticed it was crawling with maggots.

I was drinking from a soda can, the soda tasted bad and I found a big greasy clump of metal turnings in the soda.

aruzinsky, sounds like a lump of grease from the canning machines. they might have been a problem with one, hence the metal shavings, and they had to re-grease the machine... yuk.

Ok......maybe Oxtail and all those things I thought were weird aren't so weird after all. Seriously, I'd eat any of them again before I'd eat a bowl of bug soup.....ewwwwwwwwwww! Now if you were to put me on a show to compete for $50,000 I'd do it in a heartbeat and I guess if I was stranded on a desert island.......well I'd eat tree bark or something else :D

when i was at the table having lunch with my Grandma... i was very little, maybe 4? i'm not exactly sure... and Grandma fell out of her chair. we were eating steak. i thought she was playing, but then i guess i realized she wasn't, so i went and got my Grandpa. she had another stroke not long after and passed away. Rest her Soul. :cry:

crewsk said:
They were eating live sandcrabs on Fear Factor last night!! I think the sand would bother me more than anything else.

I saw an episode once where they had to eat worms in some sauce. I can't remember what the sauce was. I think I had a nightmare that night that worms were crawling allover me or something.

luvs_food said:
when i was at the table having lunch with my Grandma... i was very little, maybe 4? i'm not exactly sure... and Grandma fell out of her chair. we were eating steak. i thought she was playing, but then i guess i realized she wasn't, so i went and got my Grandpa. she had another stroke not long after and passed away. Rest her Soul. :cry:
Geez luvs, that must have scard you silly. I have a four year old grandson, I, will take much better care of myself now. I would hate to have that happen in front of him.
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom