Worst Hamburger Joint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SizzlininIN said:
Dairy Queen, White Castle and Burger King are my picks. I can't stand Dairy Queens fries either cause they always taste like fish.........yuck

ewww@fries tasting like fish... the thought of it makes my skin crawl.

thankfully now JulieV I don't have to subject myself to that place because the one closest to hubbys work closed down (sometimes I meet him for lunch). Hmmmmmmmmm.....could it have had something to do with those nasty fries....yuck

SizzlininIN said:
thankfully now JulieV I don't have to subject myself to that place because the one closest to hubbys work closed down (sometimes I meet him for lunch). Hmmmmmmmmm.....could it have had something to do with those nasty fries....yuck

That tells me that they didn't change their grease enough or they used the same fryer for everything, obviously. When I worked in the restaurant/pub and I had to fill in for cooks, I ALWAYS made sure the grease was clean. It's a horrible job to do, but had to be done.

Juliev said:
I like the plain old hamburgs and cheeseburgs at McD's... just don't like the Big Mac.. too much roll.

i'll eat a McD's burger, ketchup only, w/out the pickle and mustard and onion, before i go out drinking. that's just the right amount of food cause it doesn't make you TOO full.BTW, does anyone know if carl jr's is the same as hardee's? they both have that star thing as thier logo. i've seen carl jr's on tv, but that horrid restaurant is hardee's around here, i think.

I usually make burgers at home because when we did go out for one they all tasted like cardboard. The fries were just as bad. I think the worst I had out tho was at Mc Donalds. Never again.

luvs_food said:
Juliev said:
I like the plain old hamburgs and cheeseburgs at McD's... just don't like the Big Mac.. too much roll.

i'll eat a McD's burger, ketchup only, w/out the pickle and mustard and onion, before i go out drinking. that's just the right amount of food cause it doesn't make you TOO full.BTW, does anyone know if carl jr's is the same as hardee's? they both have that star thing as thier logo. i've seen carl jr's on tv, but that horrid restaurant is hardee's around here, i think.

Luvs, Carl Jr's & Hardees are one in the same.

I can't stand McD's, tried Del Taco (yep, they've got burgers) once - thought I was going to die, Carl's Jr. doesn't cook their meat (moooooooooo), and I'm not much of a burger king fan. In & Out has my vote for the only good burger. I love 'em, especially with the chocolate shake and REAL fries!

Ironchef - didn't know you were in SoCal - thanks for the tip on Islands - I keep seeing them around, but hadn't stopped it. Now I won't!

I try to avoid most burger places. Arby's is about the closest thing you can find me in. I like their market fresh sandwiches. :)

I do not like any of the burger joints mentioned here although when starving and nothing else is around any of them will do. Carl Jr's burgers have become so thin they look like brown lace. And they added a six million dollar burger which is gross

burgers

I haven't seen Steak 'n Shake on here so they must be okay? I thought they were all over. They are here and I loved them when I was hanging out there in high school and they are still around so must be okay. Have any of you heard of them? I live sheltered life. That is what I am having tonite is hamburger on George Forman Grill. They do taste good wtih melted cheese, pickle, lettuce, tomato. One time I have french fries with meal. Once in while I get off the health wagon. Otherwise everything is baked and no fries. This grill does good job of making the hamburger taste good. No grease.

Almost every year here in Seattle the staff writers for the Seattle Times conduct some kinda search for the "BEST HAMBURGER" in town and take a poll too... and virtually every year, as I recall, the top FIVE finishers have all been bowling alleys...

the "Greenwood Bowl" (named after one of our small lakes which is near the bowling alley) has won most of the contests.. I'm not sure what the standards and selection criteria are...probably "very greasy, high fat" and good taste of course, but not a "health food" item for sure...

None of the "fast food" places ever make the top 20...

So probably IF you want a really good high cholesterol, artery clogging, burger, try your local bowling alley.

Back
Top Bottom