"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-25-2004, 07:43 PM   #31
Executive Chef

burgers

I haven't seen Steak 'n Shake on here so they must be okay? I thought they were all over. They are here and I loved them when I was hanging out there in high school and they are still around so must be okay. Have any of you heard of them? I live sheltered life. That is what I am having tonite is hamburger on George Forman Grill. They do taste good wtih melted cheese, pickle, lettuce, tomato. One time I have french fries with meal. Once in while I get off the health wagon. Otherwise everything is baked and no fries. This grill does good job of making the hamburger taste good. No grease.

Old 10-25-2004, 09:27 PM   #32
Senior Cook

Almost every year here in Seattle the staff writers for the Seattle Times conduct some kinda search for the "BEST HAMBURGER" in town and take a poll too... and virtually every year, as I recall, the top FIVE finishers have all been bowling alleys...

the "Greenwood Bowl" (named after one of our small lakes which is near the bowling alley) has won most of the contests.. I'm not sure what the standards and selection criteria are...probably "very greasy, high fat" and good taste of course, but not a "health food" item for sure...

None of the "fast food" places ever make the top 20...

So probably IF you want a really good high cholesterol, artery clogging, burger, try your local bowling alley.

Old 10-25-2004, 09:39 PM   #33
Executive Chef

Quote:
So probably IF you want a really good high cholesterol, artery clogging, burger, try your local bowling alley.
I agree.