Worst Take Out Pizza Joint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pst1can said:
Pizza Hut........floats in oil......taking the car there for the next oil change!

Yeah I agree.. their pan pizza does .. but I love their stuffed crust and thin-n-crispy.... I do like their personal pans.. guess I'm just partial because I worked there at one time.

GetMeTheBigKnife said:
Buffalo, NY has some of the best pizza - LaNova, Bocce, Casa Di Pizza, Joey's, Just Pizza - the list goes on and on....

Buffalo has a lot of great places.. not just for pizza.. I should get up there more often. I better do it soon before the snow flies!

In California I've been to two branches of a pizza parlor called (now, I'm not sure if my memory serves me right) Pizzeria Uno (I'm not sure about Pizzeria but I'm positive there's Uno in the name). I found their crust so chewy good I would actually finish even the ungarnished crust edge (which I normally just discard.) The toppings were good too! Don't know if anyone of you has been there.

we used to have an uno's here and yes it was awesome. but they closed it :cry:
i'm pretty sure there's still one up in baltimore. kind of a far drive for me though lol

Costco. The worst. Frozen tastes better. An english muffin with pizza sauce and cheese tastes better.

I really enjoy Pizzaria Uno, but ironically the worst pizza I ever had from them was in Chicago. Papa Ginos is the only other chain pizza place I will go to, but they have even gone downhill in the past 10 years or so. Oh I forgot Pizzaria Regina (is that considered a chain?). Reginas still makes a great pizza. The rest of the national chains are pretty bad IMO. I would just rather make my own at home.

For the most part I love all pizza. ONE time, when we were living in Hawaii, we ordered a pizza to be delivered that was truly inedible. We have a "geisha" table (large, low table instead of coffee table) and just left the pizza on it and went to bed. DIdn't think too much about it; our dog was a pup and no way could she get on the table; we'd adopted a feral cat and didn't think to much about her, either. When we woke, the pizza was on the floor. The cat had not only decided to eat the pizza, but had also decided to feed the dog with it. They had gorged on the pizza, sharing it like true buddies. Cat is long since gone, dog is on her last legs. Never had a bad pizza before or since.

Claire said:
For the most part I love all pizza. ONE time, when we were living in Hawaii, we ordered a pizza to be delivered that was truly inedible. We have a "geisha" table (large, low table instead of coffee table) and just left the pizza on it and went to bed. DIdn't think too much about it; our dog was a pup and no way could she get on the table; we'd adopted a feral cat and didn't think to much about her, either. When we woke, the pizza was on the floor. The cat had not only decided to eat the pizza, but had also decided to feed the dog with it. They had gorged on the pizza, sharing it like true buddies. Cat is long since gone, dog is on her last legs. Never had a bad pizza before or since.

if the floor was carpeted.. I hope it wasn't of a light color!

Dove said:
Goodweed,
Where in San Diego is the Square Pan Pizza you remember was so good?

I think it was in the canyon between highway - 8 East and 8-West. I don't remember exactly. It was long ago, maybe back in 1976/77 time frame. Sorry I can't be more specific. It may even have been in the North Park Area as I lived there for a while. But I can remember how good the pizza was.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom