Wot's in the wok, doc? Dinner 10/23/2013.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Cobean

Executive Chef
not a bad day today,bright & sunny but a biting wind that went through you like a knife through butter...ah hahhhh oi thinks it be an easterly capt'n:ermm:any way,whilst we be on a nautical theme shipmates...fish pie.a dish that jumps off the plate & gives you a hug,then pats you on the head & says "there there".served with microwaved peas &(just for you cg!) smoked bacon.no alcohol 'cos i'm just off down the boozer to watch the soccer with me chums.the photo's are from when i cooked it & posted them last year,always turns out the same,so i re used them.time to cast off for the pub...see y'all tomorrow,play nicely;)!!

Attachments

• FISH PIE 001.JPG
    FISH PIE 001.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 167
  • FISH PIE 002.JPG
    FISH PIE 002.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 159
  • FISH PIE 003.JPG
    FISH PIE 003.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 161
  • FISH PIE 004.JPG
    FISH PIE 004.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 178
  • FISH PIE 005.JPG
    FISH PIE 005.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 177
  • FISH PIE 006.JPG
    FISH PIE 006.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 211
  • FISH PIE 007.JPG
    FISH PIE 007.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 170
  • FISH PIE 008.JPG
    FISH PIE 008.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 215
  • FISH PIE 009.JPG
    FISH PIE 009.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 223
  • FISH PIE 010.JPG
    FISH PIE 010.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 183
  • FISH PIE 011.JPG
    FISH PIE 011.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
I just finished lunch, two brat sandwiches plus an extra brat. I'm not sure there will be a dinner tonight. The fish pie looks intriguing though... and delicious.

Been craving mac and cheese for a few days - a basic house-brand cheddar and smoked Gouda. It's 40 degrees and gloomy today - PERFECT for comfort food! We have some Kentucky Legend ham left so I'll slice it thick and reheat. A pan of Brussels sprouts will go in the oven next to the mac and cheese. Should make salad to use up the arugula but brrrrrr! :LOL:

No wok here tonight.;)

However, we'll have flounder cooked lightly in browned butter, Brussels sprouts, tossed salad, iced tea and will sweeten the deal with a slice of walnut caramel pie topped with whipped cream.

not a bad day today,bright & sunny but a biting wind that went through you like a knife through butter...ah hahhhh oi thinks it be an easterly capt'n:ermm:any way,whilst we be on a nautical theme shipmates...fish pie.a dish that jumps off the plate & gives you a hug,then pats you on the head & says "there there".served with microwaved peas &(just for you cg!) smoked bacon.no alcohol 'cos i'm just off down the boozer to watch the soccer with me chums.the photo's are from when i cooked it & posted them last year,always turns out the same,so i re used them.time to cast off for the pub...see y'all tomorrow,play nicely;)!!

Looks amazing. Thanks for putting all of this together for us to see. I really like your story boards.

Harry 's fish pie looks good. The potato topping is what I just recent learned to do with a cottage pie, make little mountains and valleys so the peaks brown nicely in the oven.

We just got back from a late lunch out. I had a fried walleye sandwich, fresh cut fries and cole slaw. DxW had a juicy lucy burger. And DxW brought over a whole apple pie in exchange for some cookies. I win. ( now I have to figure something to bake and put in the pie plate when I return it.)

Today, I made a Pork and Mushroom Stroganoff and served it with buttered herby Tagliatelle.

I also made the two sponges for what will become a Pistachio Praline and Vanilla cake. I'll be finishing it off tomorrow and will take it in to share with my voluntary work colleagues as tomorrow is my last day there. I will miss them a lot! :(

But I got my security clearance confirmed today and so I will be starting my new job at the Police College on Monday. :)

Congratulations on your new job.:cool: I suppose now we are going to have to be on our best behaviour and fly right. Neither of which I ever learned to do. :rolleyes:

Today, I made a Pork and Mushroom Stroganoff and served it with buttered herby Tagliatelle.

I also made the two sponges for what will become a Pistachio Praline and Vanilla cake. I'll be finishing it off tomorrow and will take it in to share with my voluntary work colleagues as tomorrow is my last day there. I will miss them a lot! :(

But I got my security clearance confirmed today and so I will be starting my new job at the Police College on Monday. :)

Whoohoo! Congrats, Katy!

DH has a work dinner, so either leftovers or a tuna casserole.

Congratulations on your new job.:cool: I suppose now we are going to have to be on our best behaviour and fly right. Neither of which I ever learned to do. :rolleyes:

Oh no Whiskadoodle - we have no jurisdiction across the pond - you can carry on with as much bad behaviour as you like! :LOL::LOL:

And thanks! :)

Harry, that looks really good.

Back
Top Bottom