"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 11-22-2013, 05:51 AM   #21
Master Chef

Site Moderator

I made a quick chicken parm dinner. Frozen chicken patties, leftover pasta from the freezer and I "doctored up" some canned sauce from the pantry.

Old 11-22-2013, 06:09 AM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cobean View Post
you're more than welcome for a "knife & forks" at chez harry anytime mate,and beef it shall be!!
chook looks great,pac & i do envy you having a grill.is the weather still good enough for regular outdoor cooking/eating at this time of year?or is it good all year round,where you are?weather over here is very cold,at the moment,but clear/sunny skies.love it!i'd happily cook outdoors in this weather,it's the miserable,damp & grey days that piss me right off....ahh well!!
I grill year round. The porch keeps the snow off the grill.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:29 AM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
Harry, you're just plain mean! I'm glad I'm not on a diet. It would go out the window with just one of your photos.

As always, it all looks so very good!

I'm still experimenting with Southern cooking. Tonight we had country ham, grits, crowder peas, and cornbread.

I think I heard my arteries clogging during our dinner.

With love,
~Cat
Really? None of that is particularly fattening. Whole lotta carbs going on, though.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:32 AM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

I spent most of yesterday in the hospital's infusion center getting two units of blood, so I didn't have the energy to prepare DH's birthday dinner; that will come this weekend. So I made an easy dinner: pan-seared pork chops, twice-baked potatoes with cheese and bacon, and steamed peas with roasted red peppers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-11-21 19.25.24.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	19852  
Old 11-22-2013, 08:32 AM   #25
Executive Chef

Made a couple different bruschettas. Carmalized onion, mushroom and gruyere for one. The other was a modified version of Bobby Flay's Caprese Relish he made for grilled sausage sammies. All the bread slices were rubbed with fresh garlic cloves.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #26
Head Chef

Hazzers that meal looks totes amaze balls for brass monkey weather !!! Love the idea of cutting the lasagne sheets up now I shall be trying that !!
Old 11-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #27
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cobean View Post
snow?new mexico?is that usual beth?anyway,soup sounds like order of the day mate
Yes, this is usual. I got 2 inches last night but the ski valley, about 15 miles north of me, got 6, with a few feet predicted in the next few days. I live at 7000 ft elevation in the Sangre de Cristo mountain range, just south of the Colorado Rocky Mountains. The Taos Ski Valley will open on Thursday, Thanksgiving Day, and they have plenty of snow for the start of ski season.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #28
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I spent most of yesterday in the hospital's infusion center getting two units of blood, so I didn't have the energy to prepare DH's birthday dinner; that will come this weekend. So I made an easy dinner: pan-seared pork chops, twice-baked potatoes with cheese and bacon, and steamed peas with roasted red peppers.
looks "the bomb" gg!!particularly impressive job after a tiring session at the hospital.twice baked potatoes?
Old 11-22-2013, 12:06 PM   #29
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy Queen View Post
Hazzers that meal looks totes amaze balls for brass monkey weather !!! Love the idea of cutting the lasagne sheets up now I shall be trying that !!
i know gravus,i did consider eating half & lagging me extremities with the rest,as a sort of edible "insulation" for my y.......nope,not going there!
the lasagne?neat eh?means you can cut any width pasta you like.tell you wot,it tasted darn good & was a much firmer texture,when cooked,than the usual fresh pasta "shapes".
Old 11-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #30
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethzaring View Post
Yes, this is usual. I got 2 inches last night but the ski valley, about 15 miles north of me, got 6, with a few feet predicted in the next few days. I live at 7000 ft elevation in the Sangre de Cristo mountain range, just south of the Colorado Rocky Mountains. The Taos Ski Valley will open on Thursday, Thanksgiving Day, and they have plenty of snow for the start of ski season.
sounds absolutely wonderful beth!!bet the views are stunning too.don't get me wrong,i love soaking up the sun on some exotic beach but i also love those intensely cold,crystal clear days,when you can see & walk for miles.it's like that over here at the moment.apparently we are in for quite a spell of this weather.hate the miserable,damp,grey winter days we usually get!

Tags
dinner