"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-21-2013, 10:03 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
Pac, you crack me up! Looks good tho!

Dawg, one of my teeth did a little crumble tonight too.....how doe thus happen?? :(
Bunny, apparently 'tis the season to break teeth, falalalala lalalala. I think I got enough la's in. Let me count them again. Yep.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks, Dawg, Somebun.
I'll have to remember turkey fajitas to help me use up my leftovers. Great idea and looking good.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #23
Certified Pretend Chef

Oh no, pac. Not you too!?

We had takeout pizza. The good stuff, I had to go get it. SO had a Margarita and I had a meatlovers.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:42 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
alright ny culinary culprits. tonights fare had me dredging the likes of the local market because mr yamamoto took off with my goods.i told him to leave a crumb.bloody passersby.so up for you all is a a beautiiful donation by mr angus along with some greens and starch.mr smokey joe provided the heat.all was washed down with a bud light colder than the titanics hull.
Love ya, Harry
Looking good! Love the pix
Old 12-21-2013, 10:45 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

We went to see "Saving Mr. Banks" so I made a quick dinner: pan-seared pork rib chops, salad with fresh mozzarella from the farmers market and basil-balsamic vinaigrette, and baguette slices drizzled with olive oil and toasted.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:10 PM   #26
Senior Cook

Quote:
pan-seared pork rib chops
Old 12-22-2013, 12:28 AM   #27
Proud American

I made myself get up and move today and I wanted so badly to get back into my little kitchen and feed my precious friends and family.

I didn't cook from scratch this time. I used a package of shake and bake and added a packet of dry ranch dressing mix to it, and made these chicken thighs and breasts in the oven. It was very good!

Lakisha made her lovely seasoned green beans, and Carl made the salad of lettuce, baby spinach, cut up grape tomatoes, cut up radishes, shredded carrots, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, and garlic croutons.

But I found out that when it was time for dinner, I was very tired. I ate with everyone, but I had to nap after dinner. Something, maybe the medicines, is making me very tired.

With love,
~Cat
Old 12-22-2013, 12:41 AM   #28
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Cat, sweety, get some rest. I'm glad you're taking your meds.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:43 AM   #29
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
That looks great 'arry, but I'm confused. What's in the package "Tesco" and those onion skin covered long things? Could you list the ingredients next time? I've never heard of Tesco and the long oniony things don't look familiar. Fess up, pal. I love your dishes and think they'd be great to recreate, but need more info. Try to remember that our ingredients across the pond aren't always the same. XOX
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Z, I'll take a whack at it. Harry can correct when I'm wrong
I believe Tesco is a store where he shops. I know he's mentioned the name Tesco several times. So I'm, guessing the bag is a storebrand ziploc and it holds the marinating pork belly.
That's my best guess anyway
spot on pac!!tesco is the second largest retailer in the world,based on profit & the third largest in the world based on turnover.they've been trading for nearly 90 years.i guess you don't get that big & last so long unless you are doing something right!!
as pac said,the bag is a ziplock with the diced belly pork & nando's marinade in it.the "oniony thing" is an echalion shallot.milder,tastier & sweeter than most other onions & shallots.easier to dice,slice & chop 'cos of it's shape too!
Old 12-22-2013, 04:01 AM   #30
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
Tesco is a British supermarket of ill repute. One of the big 5 supermarket companies in UK and a place I try not to use unless completely desperate. The original "pile 'em high and sell 'em cheap" store - except it now has pretensions to rivalling Waitrose and Sainsbury who both do it better. Heck, even Aldi and Lidl do it better than Tesco.

And the long things in the onion skins are a variety of shallots (sometimes called banana shallots)
aldi is the fastest growing supermarket in the uk.they are clearly doing better than all of the supermarkets,including waitrose & sainsbury.in times of austerity it is little wonder that a discount retailer is out growing the competition.the growth in their luxury brands is largely fuelled by "reverse SNOBBERY retailing" with many shoppers from sainsbury & waitrose changing horses.the bulk of the generic "own label" food lines emanate from the same factories,with the same ingredients/ingredient ratio's,so very often,the only difference is the label.only marks & spencers buck that trend.park cakes in bolton is one example.

Tags
dinner