"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-22-2013, 04:06 AM   #31
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
IDK......but I guess I better figure it out soon!

Can't I just go to Harry's for dinner? Looks tasty Harry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Ya did it again, Harry! Wow!

I got a coupon from Amazon for a free movie ticket to "Frozen", so we're heading to the matinee. Dinner will be whatever they serve at the theatre.
why thank you,ladies...most kind i'm sure!!
more than welcome anytime sb,you too dawg!

Old 12-22-2013, 04:13 AM   #32
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
alright ny culinary culprits. tonights fare had me dredging the likes of the local market because mr yamamoto took off with my goods.i told him to leave a crumb.bloody passersby.so up for you all is a a beautiiful donation by mr angus along with some greens and starch.mr smokey joe provided the heat.all was washed down with a bud light colder than the titanics hull.
Love ya, Harry
knew i'd convert you to yamamotoism in the end mate!!wondered where the little bugger had gone...wanted to send him up in the attic to retrieve me cataplana....sheesh!!he does eat a lot for a little 'un doesn't he?,but he doesn't take up much room,on the plus side!
fab job on the steaks,piccies & story board too!!looks like i'll have to up me game matey!
now keep it up........

Old 12-22-2013, 04:15 AM   #33
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
Okay, I figured it out.......turkey fajitas, refried beans and Mexican rice. Served with sour cream and guacamole. :)

Attachment 20240
so you've found your camera too,sb!! lookin' good sb,lookin' good!
Old 12-22-2013, 04:20 AM   #34
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Oh no, pac. Not you too!?

We had takeout pizza. The good stuff, I had to go get it. SO had a Margarita and I had a meatlovers.
we're comin' to getcha andy,you next..mwah ha ha ha ha hahhhhhh!!
Old 12-22-2013, 04:29 AM   #35
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
I made myself get up and move today and I wanted so badly to get back into my little kitchen and feed my precious friends and family.

I didn't cook from scratch this time. I used a package of shake and bake and added a packet of dry ranch dressing mix to it, and made these chicken thighs and breasts in the oven. It was very good!

Lakisha made her lovely seasoned green beans, and Carl made the salad of lettuce, baby spinach, cut up grape tomatoes, cut up radishes, shredded carrots, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, and garlic croutons.

But I found out that when it was time for dinner, I was very tired. I ate with everyone, but I had to nap after dinner. Something, maybe the medicines, is making me very tired.

With love,
~Cat
Cat, the medicine, pain and just the whole trauma to your body from the accident will make you tired. Take it from me, someone who lives with pain constantly, you have to listen to your body and the only way it can heal is for you to give it the rest you need. This is a big lesson I have learned just in the past year. It is good to move around so you don't get too stiff, but just don't overdo it.

Your dinner sounds lovely!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:43 AM   #36
Head Chef

Tesco is certainly not a supermarket of ill repute , it's one of the best, if not the best and most successful in the UK . The likes of Adli and lidl are the pile em high sell em cheap ones and I don't go near them , however you pays your money and takes your choice . I shop online at Tesco every week , never ever have a problem with it .

However , back to Harry's photo , yes the oniony things are shallots . I suppose if we do post pics then we should all list the ingredients so we all have an understanding as I don't always know what the US ingredients are either .

Harry - love the cataplana and I have happy memories of Carvoeiro too !
Old 12-22-2013, 04:58 AM   #37
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy Queen View Post
Tesco is certainly not a supermarket of ill repute , it's one of the best, if not the best and most successful in the UK . The likes of Adli and lidl are the pile em high sell em cheap ones and I don't go near them , however you pays your money and takes your choice . I shop online at Tesco every week , never ever have a problem with it .

However , back to Harry's photo , yes the oniony things are shallots . I suppose if we do post pics then we should all list the ingredients so we all have an understanding as I don't always know what the US ingredients are either .

Harry - love the cataplana and I have happy memories of Carvoeiro too !
corrrrrect james!!the "the high end" supers trade on gullibility & pretension.the name on the bag is more important than what's in it,approach.that's why i put in my reply about the generics of "own brand" ranges.mostly it all comes out of the same factory,whoever the retailer is.apart from marks,that is.tesco are the only mainstream retailer to sell uk only sourced meat,the first to sell only free range meat/chicken on their counters & are second to none on their product provenance.you don't get to being third largest in the world,by getting it wrong!
methinks you'll be seeing me cataplana quite a bit from now on hun.like the tagine,a magical piece of kit!
carvoeiro is wonderful,isn't it?.might nip over after chrimbo,only trouble is the weather ain't so hot,this time of year.looks like taba,on the sinai again for me.guaranteed sun,even at this time of year.bring it onnnnnn!!
Old 12-22-2013, 05:00 AM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Nice looking meals Pac & Harry.

Bummer 'bout the teeth Dawg and Somebunny.

Went out for Chinese. There were 16 of us. We had so many different, yummy dishes, that I can't remember half of them.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:04 AM   #39
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Nice looking meals Pac & Harry.

Bummer 'bout the teeth Dawg and Somebunny.

Went out for Chinese. There were 16 of us. We had so many different, yummy dishes, that I can't remember half of them.
cheers tax!!hmmmmm,chinese?might have to get me wok out again matey!
Old 12-22-2013, 07:12 AM   #40
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
But I found out that when it was time for dinner, I was very tired. I ate with everyone, but I had to nap after dinner. Something, maybe the medicines, is making me very tired.

With love,
~Cat
It's not just the medicines that are making you feel tired. Your body is using its energy to heal your injury. If you ignore it and try to do too much, it will take longer to heal and you will find yourself even more tired. Listen to your body and rest when it tells you to. Take care.

Tags
dinner