Wow! Did nobody cook today, Wed Feb 22?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
It's 10:20pm pacific and no one started a thread for this today! My two kids were too bonkers to let me cook tonight, and with dh being at work there wasn't a real need to. I did buy, from my favorite bakery, a huge roll. Doesn't sound like a great dinner, does it? It was a rosemary dough that was spiraled into a knot. In the spirals was ham and guryere (sp?) cheese topped with parm & sea salt. It sounds better now that you know the details, am I right? Now the kids are asleep and I am enjoying some earl grey and some dark chocolate.

Well, that was my so called dinner, what was yours?

I had teriyaki tuna, some rice, a bit of veg and a tin of fruit cocktail. I was feeling pretty lazy tonight so the rice was instant and the tuna was canned. (I feel like I'm gonna get beaned with a frying pan for admitting that in a cooking forum... LOL)

we had broccoli and potato curry with couscous, then for a special dessert your gran marnier-apple cake!! That was a smash hit, thanks Cora!:)

I didn't post, as I was to busy to get on the computer. I ended up making a large batch of my homemade clam chowder. YUMMY! We still have a little left, but it will probably be gone later today.

Last night I made empanadas with refried beans and saffron rice. Tonight it's just me and my hubby so it will be angel hair with white clam sauce and caponata left over from Tues.

Corazon, my girl gave me a day like your boys gave you so it was out to our favorite spot for their jumbo soup and salad bar for us. Plus, we found out that kids 5 and under can eat off the bar for free so guess where we'll be going a lot once Sofie's eating solids?!?:LOL:

Allen, if I tell my hubby you made your clam chowder he'd be banging on your door! I still owe him a batch and he won't let me forget!

I made stew in the crock pot, buttered noodles and steamed broccoli and cauliflower and apple sauce too. We munched on chocolate while clearing the table.

Chinese takeout - Beef and Broccoli, rice, a noodle dish, eggroll.

I had the worlds worst migraine ... so paul got soup out of a can. Poor guy hated every bite. I think I may have spoiled him. Heading back to bed ...see ya later

Back
Top Bottom