Yahoo: Help Lines Hear Thanksgiving Horror Tales

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL - Hubbie's in radio, so he hears a lot of these, too - the most tragic one by far was the woman who pulled her bird out of the freezer and dropped it on the chichaua (sp?). :(

And I was in line on TG morning, and the woman in front of me was buying a frozen bird, saying she supposed she could just put it in the oven frozen and it would cook! :roll:

thanks kleenex, some people are not so bright. I did have a friend many years ago who did not know there was a plastic bag inside the cavity and left it there when she put the bird in the oven. Everyone went out to eat that year.

Years ago, I was dating a girl during Thanksgiving. Her mother had started a turkey late the night before, and cooked it low for many, many, hours. Well, she called me and asked me if her turkey was still good, as she had lost power in her apartment (electric oven) during the night. I asked her if the bird had stayed in the oven the entire time power was out. She said it had. I told her the bird was probably still good. When she brought it over, I realized I had forgetten a crucial question. Obviously, her power had been out for quite some time, as that bird, unfortunately, reeked like last week's diapers.

Luckily, I had cooked a couple chickens, so it wasn't a total loss.

When I was a Vet Tech in the late 60's we had a guy bring his St. Bernard in to be put down because he ate the Christmas Ham. We held the dog for a few days hoping they would change their minds. They called a few days later and picked their dog up.

Several years ago my MIL made pies with those Pillsbury pre-made crusts but forgot to take the plastic off of them. She was able to cut through it to serve the pie but when everyone tried to take a bite, they pulled up strips of plastic!

They actually just pulled out the plastic and kept eating! Luckily this was before I was part of the family as I don't think I would have kept eating!

They had the people from butterball on this weekend on various news networks and they said one person totally de-skined a turkey :shock:

She wanted cut some of the fat out I think.

Back
Top Bottom