Yay It's May! What's Going on Your Table for Tuesday May 1st?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hooked(pun intended!) on megrim sole.got a nice 1.5 pound whole fish on the bone,plain grilled with butter,salt/pepper,avocado & new potato salad with olive oil & lemon dressing washed down with a glass or two of ice cold muscadet:yum:
harry

Our local Wegmans supermarket had their own brand of "Pappardelle" pasta (long wide egg noodles) on sale, so I cooked some up for a Martha Stewart recipe pairing same with a "creamy chicken sauce" using boneless skinless chicken thighs. Adapted the recipe to include a bag of baby spinach. Quick, easy, & mildly delicious - sort of like Italian comfort food.

@ Steve Kroll,

I adore chicken with lemon in tagine ( Tajine = Berber ) ... There is an excellent recipe for Lemon Chicken in Tagine from a gal named Linda (?) who I believe posted it near Christmas time ... It is either in Chicken section or Ethnic --- her fotos are lovely. I had tried it, and delicious --- I also have Posted a lamb tagine and a fish tagine --- ethnic section I believe however, if not, Lamb and then, the fish section.

Kindest.
Margi.

I adore chicken with lemon in tagine ( Tajine = Berber ) ... There is an excellent recipe for Lemon Chicken in Tagine from a gal named Linda (?) who I believe posted it near Christmas time ... It is either in Chicken section or Ethnic --- her fotos are lovely. I had tried it, and delicious --- I also have Posted a lamb tagine and a fish tagine --- ethnic section I believe however, if not, Lamb and then, the fish section.
Thanks, Margi. I love North African stews. They utilize such a wide variety of meats and vegetables. I am not a big fan of couscous, though. In this country, it usually comes in a box and the end result can sometimes be gummy. So I usually use either Israeli couscous (Ptitim) or rice.

I'll have a look for the recipes you suggested.

Pac! You're back! The grill sounds like a good choice - we are in the market for a new one so all grilling is done inside unfortunately!

Oh I've been around :)
And the grill it was, except for the broc and brussels.

Attachments

• grilled chops.jpg
    grilled chops.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 187
LPBeier - what flour do you use for your gluten free batter? Am trying to think why it would be thin. Do you add any xantham gum?

Cooking wise, I have an urge for Kleftiko this weekend.

hooked(pun intended!) on megrim sole.got a nice 1.5 pound whole fish on the bone,plain grilled with butter,salt/pepper,avocado & new potato salad with olive oil & lemon dressing washed down with a glass or two of ice cold muscadet:yum:
harry
Sounds delicious.... not sure about the ale, because I don't know what it is.

Oh I've been around :)
And the grill it was, except for the broc and brussels.
That looks a whole lot better than the meal I made. We want to get a grill, but it has to be an electric one, since we live in a complex. I have seen some that you can use either indoor or outdoor.

That looks a whole lot better than the meal I made. We want to get a grill, but it has to be an electric one, since we live in a complex. I have seen some that you can use either indoor or outdoor.

I was thinking the same thing about your dinner. It's got the most important thing mine was missing... GRAVY! (insert drool smiley here :))

Just grilled hot dogs tonight, Vit, but you're welcome to come hang out ;)

I have a West Bend "water" grill. It can be used inside (or out, I guess). I do all kinds of things on it when I'm too lazy to fire up the BBQ.

LPBeier - what flour do you use for your gluten free batter? Am trying to think why it would be thin. Do you add any xantham gum?

Cooking wise, I have an urge for Kleftiko this weekend.
Oh, I buy xantham gum by the bushel! :LOL:

I guess light would be a better term than thin. You fold in egg whites to make it light and it has a lovely texture, but salmon is a heavier more dense fish so I am not sure it would work. And then I remembered DH can't have eggs right now so that was out. He enjoyed the tempura though! :)

I made beef patties with gravy, mashed potatoes and veggies. The picture isn't that great, but Mark liked it. That's all that counts.

img_1134549_0_fe604e33045d5c9438cdab8ebe5ec3d6.jpg

i'm with pac, vb--your smooth as silk, caramel-colored gravy is to drool over! the whole dish is very appealing. mark is one lucky guy....:)

Broiled Lemon Pepper Salmon with Dijon mustard, white wine, spices, and a little extra virgin olive oil. Brown rice and steamed broccoli on the side.
It's too healthy, so I'll have to have a decadent chocolate something for dessert!

i'm with pac, vb--your smooth as silk, caramel-colored gravy is to drool over! the whole dish is very appealing. mark is one lucky guy....:)
Well, Mark is a meat-n-potatoes guy. He doesn't like it when I try to get creative in the kitchen. I would like to make all kinds of different things, but it's too hard. I love beef and pork, but as I get older, my tastes are turning toward chicken, fish and turkey recipes. He gets bored with a lot of chicken or turkey dinners and only likes one fish... salmon. I love salmon, but the prices at the market have been HUGE lately.

Broiled Lemon Pepper Salmon with Dijon mustard, white wine, spices, and a little extra virgin olive oil. Brown rice and steamed broccoli on the side.
It's too healthy, so I'll have to have a decadent chocolate something for dessert!
YUM, salmon was just part of my previous post. That is my favorite way to have salmon!! I've never had it with dijon mustard... might have to give it a try one of these days! Your dinner sounds delish!
free-tongue-smileys-792.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom