You ate WHAT?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Beth

Assistant Cook
I want to know all the unique yet delicous meals you make with leftovers or food that we all have at home right now! I am so bored with the items in my refridgerator on any given day and desperately need some new ideas of what to do with them for a truly different meal. Please help! Can't wait to read these! :stuart:

OK, I have leftover roast chicken, eggs, cheddar cheese, bagels, cream cheese, bread, butter, deli meats, mlik, veggies, wide assortment of condiments, all the normal dry goods: flour, pancake mix, oatmeat, instant potatoes, peanut butter, jelly, mac n' chz.... just the normal stuff you have on hand!

Make a potato gratin with some mashed potatoes, an egg or two and some cheddar cheese. Process in a FP 'til smooth. Bake at 400F in a baking dish with some cheese on top,

Make a chicken and cold cut quesadilla with sour cream and taco or hot sauce.

Reheat the mac and cheese with some shredded chicken and veggies mixed in for a complete meal.

I like to flavor hot oatmeal with different jams instead of sugar for breakfast. Apricot jam is a favorite.

with the potato flakes- make mashed taters, cool them, shape into patties, (you could put in an egg yolk, i prefer not too, they get too dry) pan-fry in shallow shortening for potato cakes.
or soup with chix/veggies/noodles. add a roux & milk for stew over mashed potatoes & bisquits.

You could make a basic crepe, take some of the chicken and some ham if you have any, dice them, saute, add some onion and mushrooms. a little fresh chopped parsley and any herb you enjoy.Make a cream sauce, fold the meat mixture into the sauce fill the crepes and then pour the rest of the saue over, sprinkle with some parmesan. Make a nice simple green salad and enjoy.
kadesma

with the potato flakes- make mashed taters, cool them, shape into patties, (you could put in an egg yolk, i prefer not too, they get too dry) pan-fry in shallow shortening for potato cakes.
or soup with chix/veggies/noodles. add a roux & milk for stew over mashed potatoes & bisquits.
dredge tater cakes in flour!

Back
Top Bottom