Your Best Homemade Dishes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chez suz

Senior Cook
What are those dishes or desserts that you feel you make the best.... or people ask for the recipe.... or ask that you make it again.
Be ready to share some of your recipes....

For me its the following
Chicken Scapariello
Potato Latkas
Southern Fried Chicken
Lamb Shanks
Beef Stews (all different kinds)
Beer Butt chicken
Chopped Liver
Stuffed Cabbage
Veal Marsala
Veal Brisket w/wild mushrooms

Gumbo
Stuffed Grape Leaves
Ribs
Pecan Pie
Spiniach Pie
Hamburger Gravy
Lasagna
Tomato Pasta Sauce with Meat
Pizza
Mashed Potatoes,kraut,and kielbasa
English Pancakes
Omeletts

Chicken Parmasean
Stuffed Pork Chops
Ham steak with grilled pineapple in dry mustard/butter sauce
Steak w/fresh herbs, pan deglazed with chicken stock & white vermouth
Sauted baby carrots & whole shallots with honey/chicken stock reduction
Stuffed chicken breast w/butter, garlic, rosemary, sage, fine bread crumbs

Gumbo
Jambalaya
Shrimp Creole
Blackened Tuna (I just happen to have some right now :) )
Fried Chicken
Clam Chowder
Chicken Rice Soup
Omelletes
Banana Bread
Peanut Butter Fudge
Peanut Butter Cookies

I spoke to a friend in Houston yesterday and she told me that every party she goes to she makes my double chocolate brownies and Blondies...thats a compliment!!

Most of the people I know don't even know how to turn on a stove, so when I fix almost any meal they don't ask for the reipe, but they ask me to fix it again.

My family usually request my "Soy Salmon" recipe.
My neighbor request my "Tater Tot Casserole"
My coworkers have requested my cucumber dip.

Other than that I get request for all kinds of dishes
Homemade angel food cake
Tex Mex Dip
Chocolate Chip Cookies
vegetable salad
lobster mousse
Chicken Puffs
and more

luvs_food said:
baked macaroni and cheese

I LOVE homemade macaroni and cheese, luvs, what is your recipe, or is it posted in the proper pasta page. I remember years ago a friend would have a gal party about once a month. She was European and would make M&C from scratch, while we all watched and drank wine and listened to Le Bohem, she was the dying diva. It took her about a hour and three bottles of wine (there were five of us) or so to get it ready for the oven. We would toss the salad while she got into character. BY the time dinner was done, the dramatic dying scene was being portrayed by our lovely hostess who was so bombed she could not walk across the floor. We served dinner and ate while she continued to dye on her couch, with another bottle of wine. We made her a plate and sat it on the coffee table, per her request opened another bottle of wine and cleaned up and quietly went home. The next day she would call each of us and ask if she had a good time, I told her she did the best dying scene ever, she did herself proud. A month later the same was repeated. We all had a good time, and we threatened to tape her but under penalty of not being invited to return, we never did.

norgeskog said:
luvs_food said:

I LOVE homemade macaroni and cheese, luvs, what is your recipe, or is it posted in the proper pasta page. I remember years ago a friend would have a gal party about once a month. She was European and would make M&C from scratch, while we all watched and drank wine and listened to Le Bohem, she was the dying diva. It took her about a hour and three bottles of wine (there were five of us) or so to get it ready for the oven. We would toss the salad while she got into character. BY the time dinner was done, the dramatic dying scene was being portrayed by our lovely hostess who was so bombed she could not walk across the floor. We served dinner and ate while she continued to dye on her couch, with another bottle of wine. We made her a plate and sat it on the coffee table, per her request opened another bottle of wine and cleaned up and quietly went home. The next day she would call each of us and ask if she had a good time, I told her she did the best dying scene ever, she did herself proud. A month later the same was repeated. We all had a good time, and we threatened to tape her but under penalty of not being invited to return, we never did.

Idid not read this disgusting post and it should be deleted now. :!: Mac and Cheese is Ummmmmm......well.....well....evil :!:

Bangbang said:
norgeskog said:
luvs_food said:

Idid not read this disgusting post and it should be deleted now. :!: Mac and Cheese is Ummmmmm......well.....well....evil :!:

Bangbang what is so disgusting about this post, not one four letter word in it.

norgeskog said:
luvs_food said:

i'll post it on the pasta page. :D

Norg..I would love your chicken parmasean recipe..it is one of my favorite foods ever...although I know how to make it....if its one of your specialties would you please share?

chez suz said:
Norg..I would love your chicken parmasean recipe..it is one of my favorite foods ever...although I know how to make it....if its one of your specialties would you please share?

Thanks for asking chez suz, of course I share. I take a chicken breast and pound 1/4 inch thick, dip in buttermilk, then a mixture of fresh fine breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, a tiny pinch of cayenne, a little flour, hungarian paprika and lots of parmasean reggiano. I double dip it (back into buttermilk and then the crumb mixture). I preheat a cast iron skillet in the oven and add evoo and butter and place the chicken breast in it, and bake until crunchy and not sticking to the pan, I flip it over just to crunch the other side. Normally I prefer fresh garlic and onions, but I find that the powder works better for this.

Clam chowder
Split pea soup
Clam pasta
Artichoke dip
Pecan Rocha
Spiced nuts
Greek Pork ( piggy on a stick)
Sex in a pan
Onion dip

Bangbang said:
MJ said:
Pizza. I can make it just as good as the pizzeria in town.

I think mine are better but I am not that consistant yet. However we rarely order pizza anymore.

even the crust is better?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom