Your Christmas menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No plans here for Christmas so I'm not sure if I'll do anything special. Maybe share a Cornish hen with my kitties.
:) Aw, Katie is there any way you can make it to New Mexico? You only need to fly to Colorado Springs or Albuquerque and I can pick you up it's a four hour drive to either airport but that is nothing for me. I hate thinking you are spending Christmas alone especially this year I have have spent many xmases alone but it was always because I was working did not bother me much anyway. We wont have an xmas decorated house this year but people tell me Im a great hostess. If you could make it in anyway you would be welcome to stay as long as you like. Jackie

:) Aw, Katie is there any way you can make it to New Mexico? You only need to fly to Colorado Springs or Albuquerque and I can pick you up it's a four hour drive to either airport but that is nothing for me. I hate thinking you are spending Christmas alone especially this year I have have spent many xmases alone but it was always because I was working did not bother me much anyway. We wont have an xmas decorated house this year but people tell me Im a great hostess. If you could make it in anyway you would be welcome to stay as long as you like. Jackie

If I had the disposable income, Jackie, I'd be on your doorstep in a minute. I'd love to spend it with you. Thanks for offering.

We're going to my sister's for Christmas lunch. It's summer here so we're doing cold food. I'll be making seafood appetizers - thinking of mini fish kebabs with a ginger avo relish, tiny calamari tubes stuffed with prawns&mushrooms and mini seafood quiches. She's doing the meat(probably gammon and a turcken), potato salad and a green salad and I'll be doing a pear,watercress,rocket,parmesan salad (from Jamie Olivers cookbook) and a couscous,wheat or pasta salad-still undecided. She's making a cold trifle and I made chocolate truffles which is in the freezer. We never make a big deal of Christmas Eve so DH and I will probably just barbeque with a bottle of bubbly.

You might come here in Milan and spend Christmas with me!I would be honoured!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):chef:

We're going to my sister's for Christmas lunch. It's summer here so we're doing cold food. I'll be making seafood appetizers - thinking of mini fish kebabs with a ginger avo relish, tiny calamari tubes stuffed with prawns&mushrooms and mini seafood quiches. She's doing the meat(probably gammon and a turcken), potato salad and a green salad and I'll be doing a pear,watercress,rocket,parmesan salad (from Jamie Olivers cookbook) and a couscous,wheat or pasta salad-still undecided. She's making a cold trifle and I made chocolate truffles which is in the freezer. We never make a big deal of Christmas Eve so DH and I will probably just barbeque with a bottle of bubbly.
Lucky you! here it's snowing ans raining all time..your menu looks wonderful!thanks for sharing!!!

we have outlaws (no, we love them, really) coming in this year and it's going to be a traditional southwest TX meal.......tamales, pinto beans cooked with a smoked ham bone, enchiladas, and all the other slimming sides.............then we'll play several games, bring up memories, make a few tostadas (oops... a few toasts)........my DH's sister and brother's side of the family are so funny......anyway, I'm looking forward to it......y'all's menus sound wonderful!!

Christmas Eve is at Mom and Dads house.
Dad will fix cod fish cakes and oyster stew. The rest will be pot luck from family members.
Christmas day will be at our house. Usually I fix a brunch menu, but Mary requested more of a lunch type menu this year. So I'll bake a turkey, a ham and a standing rib roast which will be carved for sandwiches. Misc breads and condiments. If I can find some, I'll get some chincotegue (spelling Breeze?) oysters in the shell and maybe some chestnuts for the grill.

My family has decided to arrange a party in a restaurant in Orlando as Orlando is our native. The restaurants decor there consists mainly of Christmas tree lights, we are planning to order traditional American or English Christmas dinner along with great drinks, live music and a fun atmosphere...;)

Great thread Arwen! It is a long standing tradition in my family that the men do the holiday meal. This year there will be only four of us at the table. I am thinking of brining a turkey breast done on the grill <need oven space>, sausage stuffing, roasted Brussels sprouts <a winter crop here in the northwest very sweet and nutty>, my aunt's special mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and an arugula salad with golden raisins and pear. Still debating dessert but made some limoncello that is pretty wicked!

Thnks a lot for your answers!!I adore this forum because there are a lot of wonderful people!!!

i just found out that i have to work, so i'm gonna go in late , then dw and my boy will come in to visit me. we'll got see the tree in rock center, and go out for dinner from there. we'll have to see what's open.

Sea Grill should be open, BT... Not sure how the food is there since Ed Brown left, but the view of the tree and the skaters is always spectacular.

Being the mutt I am, we celebrate both Christmas and Hanukkah, so this year it will be on the 24th. Making several different kinds of pizzas:
a Stuffed Broccoli Rabe Pizza, a Pissaladiere Nicoise, and a pie smeared with pesto and not sure what else on top. :)

I am pooped having spent the last five hours preparing our Christmas entree in advance; first time ever I've done that. Two large pans of veal (humanely raised) cannelloni with both tomato and bechamel sauces. Each part tastes great.

All I'll have to do on Christmas is the roasted shrimp cocktail and the salad. I'll make the desserts the day before. :)

ok, you have to listen up if you like pork tenderloin..........found a fantastic recipe on Allrecipes.com "Pork Tenderloin with Marsala Sauce"......basically you coat the tenderloin with Dijon mustard.....brown it either in a skillet or on the grill (hubby grilled it for about 5 minutes.....into the oven for 20 minutes then turn over for another 20 minutes at 350 degrees Farenheit........meanwhile you make a sauce from a cup of dry Marsala wine (they asked for shallots .......we used green onions and some sliced mushrooms) and a cup of whipping cream but I used the lower fat half and half.........after the tenderloin bakes.....wrap it in foil and allow to stand for at least 10-20 minutes so the juices are taken up and make it delicously tender.......made sides of corn on the cob and steamed asparagus......the sauce goes on top of the meat and veggies.....wonderful and so delicious......serving it to the outlaws as they'll be here for 2 days........you would have thought that wolves had been invited to dinner.........:)

Back
Top Bottom