Your Christmas menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All I have so far is pheaseant.... not sure what else will be going with it yet!

This afternoon I made my homemade ravioli with asparagus filling and ravioli with pumpkin filling,lasagne with pumpkin mousse,prawns,ginger powder,cannelloni with asparagus mousse,Cavallucci with almonds,raisins,amaretti,nuts ect. ..I'll upload the photoes as soon as possible..I began cooking today as tomorrow would have been late..I also have to clean the house... however it was really funny to cook for 6 hours.. even though I am absolutely tired now...now I am thinking about appetizers..

Xmas Eve: Shrimp cocktail, saurkraut/mushroom soup (tradition).Haddock fillets, homemade pierogies, Babalki, cole slaw, baked potatoes. Desserts
Xmas Day: Traditional turkey dinner w/ all the fixings plus Ham, kielbasi, desserts, etc.
Dec. 26, I diet! LOL

My Stuffed Ham is cooking now. It's beginning to smell like Christmas............

How do you 'stuff' your ham?

Corned Ham
Cabbage, Kale, onions chopped
black and red pepper, salt to taste

Around this county the recipe varies. This is how I make it.

Cut vertical slits in ham, both sides not intersecting slits. Stuff as much stuffing as you can get into the slits, pack the remainder on top. Wrap in cheese cloth and boil 20 minutes per pound. Cool, then refrigerate. Serve cold. Great as main course, sandwich, side meat with scrambled eggs.
Google "Southern Maryland Stuffed Ham". You will find a lot of ingredients and cooking methods.

My avatar is Stuffed Ham.

I was planning to make a couple of big pot roasts in the slow cookers and then have mashed potatoes, fresh green beans w/ bacon & onion, fruit salad, and fresh bread sticks. Really easy and keeps me out of the kitchen for most of the day. But now someone has given me a lovely spiral sliced, honey baked ham so I'm not sure which to make. I guess I'll put it to a vote here and go with whatever everyone wants.

Back
Top Bottom