Your dinner, July 17th, 2006?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
fruit for me, if my stomach allows. that 'ol digestive tract is kinda sleepy.....:mellow:

indtead of 'julyth', what's 'bout 'july 17th'?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Tomorrow the 17th will be anniversary dinner...filet mignon with roasted pepper sauce, shrimp in butter sauce, au gratin potatoes, steamed vegetables with hollandaise sauce and CAKE (just don't know which cake to bake, my hubby doesn't like chocolate:rolleyes: ). Still searching for ideas on the cake...

happy anniversary, dina!
i won't consume chocolate (caffeine), so we get an angelfood cake w/ thawed strawberries & reddi-whip. delicious!

Last edited:
Thank you Luvs. I like angelfood cake too but hubby has a preference for intense vanilla flavors (even tres leches cake is one of his favorites). I thought of a simple vanilla cake with a strawberry filling and vanilla buttercream.

Last edited:
Happy anniversary Dina. Your dinner sounds delish.

We'll be having roasted tomato soup for dinner tonight.

Barbequed pork ribs, baked potatoes with "goop". and greek salad. Plenty of fresh fruit for dessert. I have to cook for the masses tonight, so our dinner is not going to wear me out.:chef:

Congrats to anniversary girls and birthday boys.

Dinner for us is going to be really simple (but I'll still enjoy it!): baked potatoes stuffed with cottage cheese served with salad. Cherries for afters.

I'm making a pot of gumbo for my husband, and since I dont care for gumbo very much, I'll probably either make something with shrimp, or a lasagna type dish that is layers of eggplant, fresh sliced tomatoes, hard salami, and mozzarella.

I dont often make dessert, but I made Texasgirl's blueberry cheesecake bars :)

change of plans for dessert. Instead of peach pie were having peach cobbler. The pie was a disaster. I'm not a baker. I salvaged the peaches....or at least I think I did :). I rinsed them off and then decided to try the cobbler ....its baking right now it smells so good. I found that I didn't have some of the ingredients from the suggestions yesterday so I did a search and found one that I thought would work.....I just added a few additional spices. I'll let you know how it turns out. If it works then this will be a good one for all you that aren't bakers like myself.

Last edited:
Happy anniversary to Dina and Happy birthday to vagriller's son. We're having marinated yellow squash, crowder peas, green beans and crab something, haven't decided yet.

Dina said:
Thank you all for the anniversary wishes and happy birthday to your little one Vagriller!

Thank you! I just went home for a minute. My wife made cupcakes (at the child's request). They were great right out of the oven!

Ok......I did it. I just made a really good peach cobbler. Now keep in mind I'm not a baker and most attempts end in a flop so I'm thrilled I found a recipe that I can make.

I did a search and got a general idea of what to do but I added a few more spices to mine.

Peach Cobbler

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
In a bowl mix together the following ingredients together and then pour the batter into a 8 x 8 glass baking dish thats been sprayed with non-stick cooking spary:
1 cup Bisquick Mix
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 cup milk (I used 2%)
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground allspice
1/2 cup margarine, melted
In a seperate bowl mix together 15 fresh peaches that have been skinned and sliced and 1 cup sugar or one large can of peaches that have been drained well. Pour the peach mixture over the Bisquick mixture.
Bake at 375 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes. Serve warm over ice cream.

I've got 10 pounds of chicken leg quarters in a brine right now. I'm going to bake them all & have some for supper tonight. The rest I'll take off the bone & freeze for pot pie or something. I'm not sure what we'll have with the chicken tonight, probably a salad & fresh creamed corn.

I'm making salads in those big shells, romaine, iceburg, sweet onions, baby carrots, tomatoes, cheese, real bacon, blue cheese dressing AND we are having strawberry cake for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom