Your dream Cooking show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do it all the time Bangbang. Life is not lived to the fullest without laughing and loving some everyday.

My neighbor has their own cooking show...but it's only if you subscribe to Patriot Media (It's a princeton-area thing)...but my grandparents live next to mrio bitali...for me, I wouldn't want a show. I would want to own an entire channel called "The Baking Network"...it wouldn't be like I was in every show, but I woul be one of the big rich corporate guys, while managing my own bakery in princeton.

I would call my show: Soul Food -- not the movie!

I would teach the old way of cooking from my forebearers.

Something without Rachel Ray. I can't believe she is on so much and Sara Moulton was not renewed. I'd like to start a campaign to get Sara renewed and Rachel reduced to one show.

My idea for a cooking show involves me, a few musical instruments, and a camcorder going around the world learning music and recipes from the locals, and maybe them learning a few things from me as well.

"Around the World in 80 Dishes" perhaps?

I think folks, myself included, could learn a lot about other cultures from their food and their music.

I have given serious thought to buying a camcorder and just taping myself going to various cities. I even have many of the technical problems solved, and I think I could create a certain charm with such a simply-produced show. No extra crew or other overhead to worry about.

The perfect TV cooking show ...

The old PBS Julia Child, Graham Kerr, or Jeff Smith shows. Less entertaining but equally as good for "recipe cooking" was David Wade. Oh, yeah, lest I forget my favorite in recent years, "Two Fat Ladies".

I have not watched a cooking show in the past 10 years that didn't have something to bug me. The ones on FoodNetwork tend to bug me more than those on PBS on Saturdays - although there is one that bugs me when they start singing (Cucina Toscana). But, I watch and try to learn something ... trying to overlook the, "How good does that look?!" or "BAM!!" stuff.

I, too miss Sarah Molton's "Live" show.

I saw a show Saturday (Daisy Cooks!) on PBS I've never seen before - must be a new series because the "Companion Cookbook to the Series" isn't out yet. She was cooking Cuban ... and I look forward to next week.

If I only wanted to eat one cuisine - I would only need 1 cookbook. I like diversity ... and I think FoodNetwork has really missed the boat by giving us too many servings of Rachel, Unwrapped, etc. and dropping the only culturally diversified show, "Melting Pot".

Catseye said:
You could collaborate with Elf and call it 'Bacon and Beyond'. :LOL:

Cats

Now that would work.....and I could invite Rachel on my show...make a roux with bacon grease and flour....toss some on her and see if that eternal laugh and smile goes away.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
licia said:
Something without Rachel Ray. I can't believe she is on so much and Sara Moulton was not renewed. I'd like to start a campaign to get Sara renewed and Rachel reduced to one show.
Hi licia, FN has gone overboard with Rachel and things like kitchen accomplished and all the fluff.. Not that I mind fluff, but, I tune in to learn and get ideas.I enjoy Sara,and I like Giada , Paula, The barefoot contessa, and Tyler and even Bobby Flay at times. I miss the old PBS shows with Julia, Jacques and that group. Continual reruns drive me up the wall!!! To bad FN was a wonderful place to to to learn and grow once. Now, well, I'm glad we have each other here on DC:)
kadesma:)

Something with lots and lots of beer, wine, and liquor! :angel:

Make it, drink it, cook with it!

John

No worries. :chef:

Paul James has a second show (actually, it was his first) on gardening itself, so the cooking one concentrates more on what you can do with the produce now that you've grown it. What this means is that both of his shows together are basically what your idea is.

Back
Top Bottom