"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 06-20-2006, 06:49 PM   #21
Senior Cook

A deep pan, with cheese filled crust, topped with plenty of authentic tomato sauce with just a touch of garlic, red onions, sweetcorn, bits of tomatos here n there, finished with mozzerella and cheddar. Mmmmm. Aaaar. I bloddy need some right now man :(

Old 06-20-2006, 07:33 PM   #22
Assistant Cook

You must have thinly sliced onions, and chili flakes on a pizza. Never put pineapple on a pizza though.

Old 06-20-2006, 07:54 PM   #23
Senior Cook

^Thinly sliced red onions! lol A pizza is incomplete without em man. Bloddddy yum. I personally dont like chilli flakes, they always get stuck in my teeth lol and i agree, defo no pineapple on a pizza. Shouldnt be anything sweet on a pizza for goodness sake
Old 06-20-2006, 11:50 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

shamalicious, i almost can't eat pizza (ok, that's exaggerating a bit) without finely chopped raw onions.

and if it's available, a splash or 3 of frank's red hot sauce.

or a tbsp or 2 of the leftover sauce from mussels fra diavolo. try it, it's amazing.

but always onions, preferrably red.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:47 AM   #25
Senior Cook

^Ooooh. Good. lol. Its nice to see someone who shares my love of onions :) Red onions and spring onions are the ones! But white onions would do the job lol
Old 06-24-2006, 01:37 PM   #26
Assistant Cook

I'm so boring. I would have extra crispy crust, red sauce, pepperoni, sausage, jalepenos, onions, green bell pepper & diced tomatoes.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:49 PM   #27
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMALICIOUS
Shouldnt be anything sweet on a pizza for goodness sake
Do you know there is a proper category in Italy, none other than the home of pizzas, which they call "sweet pizzas"??

Nutella pizzas are hugely popular among children and children at heart, also I tried a pizza sprinkled with grapes and powdered sugar, and it was delicious!!

Well, the difference is that outside Italy, what people think of immediately upon hearing "pizza" is something with cheese and tomato based sauce.
Actually in Italy, "pizza" really means the dough, the bread part, from which you could do just about anything.
The basic baked pizza dough, sometimes called "focaccia" abroad, is "pizza bianca" (white pizza), which is also good fresh out of the oven only with a bit of evoo and salt, or people tend to make sandwiches (panino) with them, too.... and then, also creating some sweet treat is very, very possible!!
Old 06-24-2006, 06:33 PM   #28
Assistant Cook

My parents visited Italy once, she was amazed. A traditional pizza seems to be tomatoe base and cheese.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:58 PM   #29
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmaniac13
Do you know there is a proper category in Italy, none other than the home of pizzas, which they call "sweet pizzas"??

Nutella pizzas are hugely popular among children and children at heart, also I tried a pizza sprinkled with grapes and powdered sugar, and it was delicious!!
My goodness. that is terrrrible terrible stuff lol. wot kinda pizza is that lol. silly me eh
Old 06-26-2006, 12:22 AM   #30
Chef Extraordinaire

don't despair sham, our onion breath will cast off those oddball "sweet pizza" people. (just curious urm, is it called pizza dulce?)

i think there needs to be a distinction. pizza may have many toppings (fillings are another category, an abomination imo, being a thin crust guy), but it should only be classified as a "pizza" if it contains cheese and tomatoes on a foccacia like crust of varied thicknesses.
white, and all other pizzas that stray from these denominators should be called topped foccacias, or open face foccacias, or what have you.

but nun-ja call that crap ah-beetz! (viciously flicking underside of chin with fingernails)

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote