Your favorite foods/drinks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Audeo said:
Hey, kadesma! Ro-Tel Dip is a staple food for college kids (I've been adicted since) and is soooo bad for you, I'm certain. Real simple recipe:

Take one 2-pound loaf of Velveeta Cheese, slice it into hunks and place in either a crockpot or a microwave-safe bowl. Pour one full can of Ro-Tel tomatoes in the variety of your choice, heat, stir together to blend and Voila! I prefer serving mine with Frito Scoops chips, but remember using Ruffles back in school.

#1 Son prefers his variation that combines Velveeta with a whole can of Wolf Brand Chili (no beans). My middle age won't allow me near that stuff for more than a taste!
audeo, the badder the better...I love cheese and will try this one for Thanksgiving, I know my kids will probably elbow me out of the way to get their share :) Thanks for the new holiday idea.
kadesma :)

We always make this dip to help usher in the new year. Crumbled browned sausage makes a nice addition. Audeo, try it with those round Tostitos chips next time.

Psiguyy said:
luvs_food said:
know what i HATE?
margarine, candied yams, ice cream, almost any dessert out there except for NY style cheesecake, and bell peppers.
i love almost all savory foods, though.
~shudder~... margarine. ugh. just the THOUGHT of that stuff. and it's so unhealthy, too. :?

In all my life, I don't think I've met anybody who hated ice cream. Some were allergic to it or had bad reactions, but they still wanted to eat ice cream. You, my dear, are a first!

too creamy, too sweet. i used to like ONE kind a few years ago... it was Godiva chocolate truffle, but they stopped making it. and as i said, i don't really like desserts.

food and drinks

Pizza
Cookies
Pies
Candy
Cakes
Lasagna
Crackers with salsa cheese
brandy

tweedee said:
I don't hate ice cream but I'm not really crazy about it. I mostly prefer sherbet

I came really close to buying ice cream on the way home from work yesterday.. but I didn't.. lol.. never know.. I might go to the store later on. I stopped to get gas (ugghhhh.. regular is up to $2.15 now) and they have a little cooler inside filled with treats.... this little container of mint chocolate chip was saying, "buy me, buy me!" I haven't had that flavor in ages.

I like making my own nachos at home.. don't freak out, but I have even used the canned chili when I have been in a pinch for time. I just heat that up along with melting some Velveeta in the zapper... pour the cheese allover deli-style tortilla chips (or serve in a bowl--chili then melted cheese on top with Fritos Scoops), then the chili..then I top with chopped tomato, olives, onions, and lettuce.

Back
Top Bottom