"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 10-16-2004, 05:50 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by Audeo
Hey, kadesma! Ro-Tel Dip is a staple food for college kids (I've been adicted since) and is soooo bad for you, I'm certain. Real simple recipe:

Take one 2-pound loaf of Velveeta Cheese, slice it into hunks and place in either a crockpot or a microwave-safe bowl. Pour one full can of Ro-Tel tomatoes in the variety of your choice, heat, stir together to blend and Voila! I prefer serving mine with Frito Scoops chips, but remember using Ruffles back in school.

#1 Son prefers his variation that combines Velveeta with a whole can of Wolf Brand Chili (no beans). My middle age won't allow me near that stuff for more than a taste!
audeo, the badder the better...I love cheese and will try this one for Thanksgiving, I know my kids will probably elbow me out of the way to get their share :) Thanks for the new holiday idea.
kadesma :)

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 05:50 PM   #22
Head Chef
Originally Posted by Alix
Cool! I do salsa and velveeta...the hotter the better!
Another exceptional variation!

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is Optional.
Audeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 05:52 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire
We always make this dip to help usher in the new year. Crumbled browned sausage makes a nice addition. Audeo, try it with those round Tostitos chips next time.
Kool Aid - Think before you drink.
mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 05:53 PM   #24
Hint o' Lime too.
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 05:53 PM   #25
Head Chef
I don't hate ice cream but I'm not really crazy about it. I mostly prefer sherbet
"Experience is the name everyone gives to his mistakes."

tweedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 07:35 PM   #26
Master Chef
Originally Posted by Psiguyy
Originally Posted by luvs_food
know what i HATE?
margarine, candied yams, ice cream, almost any dessert out there except for NY style cheesecake, and bell peppers.
i love almost all savory foods, though.
~shudder~... margarine. ugh. just the THOUGHT of that stuff. and it's so unhealthy, too. :?
In all my life, I don't think I've met anybody who hated ice cream. Some were allergic to it or had bad reactions, but they still wanted to eat ice cream. You, my dear, are a first!
too creamy, too sweet. i used to like ONE kind a few years ago... it was Godiva chocolate truffle, but they stopped making it. and as i said, i don't really like desserts.
i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
luvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 12:18 PM   #27
Assistant Cook
food and drinks

Crackers with salsa cheese
brandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 12:42 PM   #28
Originally Posted by tweedee
I don't hate ice cream but I'm not really crazy about it. I mostly prefer sherbet
I came really close to buying ice cream on the way home from work yesterday.. but I didn't.. lol.. never know.. I might go to the store later on. I stopped to get gas (ugghhhh.. regular is up to $2.15 now) and they have a little cooler inside filled with treats.... this little container of mint chocolate chip was saying, "buy me, buy me!" I haven't had that flavor in ages.

I like making my own nachos at home.. don't freak out, but I have even used the canned chili when I have been in a pinch for time. I just heat that up along with melting some Velveeta in the zapper... pour the cheese allover deli-style tortilla chips (or serve in a bowl--chili then melted cheese on top with Fritos Scoops), then the chili..then I top with chopped tomato, olives, onions, and lettuce.

Juliev is offline   Reply With Quote