Your favorite go to meal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This time of year it's grilled food when we have guests.

Almost anything lightly brushed with canola oil, sprinkled with a bit of Kosher Salt, and tossed on a charcoal grill tastes great! Fresh bread, tender-cuts of meat, local veggies, neighbor's cat, etc. (just kidding on the last one).

Add a big salad, a variety of beverages, and you have summer at it's best!

Wow, that is spooky! That is almost exactly my go to recipe. The only thing I do different is to add some Mozarella at the same time as the parm.
I vary it sometimes by leaving out the pasta. Instead I like to roast small cubes of potato after tossing them in olive oil, chopped rosemary, garlic, salt & pepper.:)

That is spooky because I sometimes add mozzarella cheese too. I also make potatoes like that on occasion. *pauses and taps her fingers* Oh, please don't say you are one of my ex-in-laws! :dry:

~Kathleen ;)

Hey Lyndalou, my go to meal is usually chicken based. Depends on the weather which way I go with it though. If it isn't too hot to run the oven then I would do Creamy Lemon Chicken and serve it with a nice caesar salad and some crusty buns. If it is hot and I don't want to fuss much, I'd do a grilled lemon herby chicken breast (toss the chicken breasts in a bunch of lemon juice, oil, with basil, thyme and maybe dill and let it sit for an hour or two) with the same sides.

Did you decide what you are going to do?

It depends on what type of dinner I'm having.. very casual.. home made pizza, anti-pasto, casual at the table.. usually lasagana or chili, more formal.. boneless pork loin with an apple cinnamon topping and baked sweet potatoes.

Back
Top Bottom