Your Favorite Thanksgiving Tastes/Flavors?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
A I started prepping today, I realized I always have a running theme in flavors in a lot of my Thanksgiving foods, especially desserts.

My favorite flavors of the season are: ginger, cranberry, pecan, and cream (as in cream cheese, butter, milk:pig: :LOL: ). I find I use them in sweet and savory dishes.

What are your favorite tastes and flavors?

I would love to have a piece of my mothers home made mince meat pie. It has been a long time. She passed away in 1978.

I love the flavors packed into homemade stuffing, the sage,marjoram,onions yummy..I also enjoy the cranberry sauce with the orage zest and the taste of foccacia and salami yummy yum yum:LOL:

kadesma:)

For me I think it's the gravy. I put it on everything on my plate and could practically take a bath in it. Over the years I've developed a wonderful rich, dark turkey gravy that Buck and I love. And, thankfully, my method makes lots to there's always plenty left to swim leftovers in. Yum. I can almost taste it now.:-p

I'm a nut for the gravy too. I'm happy just dunking a fork full of stuffing in it, having a sip of warm cider, and a bite of punkin' pie. That right there could satisfy me for the day... :LOL:

The one thing that always dissapoints me is when the host breaks out the jar o' gravy, or packet o' gravy. They could serve a turkey meatloaf and cranberry jello so long as the gravy is good! :-p I'll eat warm dinner rolls and gravy for dinner.

Favorites would be the stuffing, sweet potatoes, pumpkin and
lots of cinnamon. I've learned to love cranberries living here
where they are grown. The harvest just finished and its fresh
cranberry sauce time.

Back
Top Bottom