Your favorite TV cheff?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i do like alton, emeril, and racheal ray.
my son likes emeril but thinks racheal
ray is "a cute chic"... his words not mine.
he's 7 !!!

I like Christopher Kimball (America's Test Kitchen) and Sara Moulton. Her giggle drives me nuts, but I like the fact that Rachel Ray is "real time" - not fade out, fade in four hours later.

The chef I enjoy watching the most is also the one I have learned the most from, Alton Brown.

As far as best tasting recipes go though, I would have to pick Emeril. I can't stand watching him anymore, but every single recipe of his that I have made has been fantastic.

For eye candy, well that would need to be Rachel ;)

Jeff Smith. I watched him religiously on PBS and also appreciated his style of cooking. Such a sad story there. I miss him. I, too, enjoy Alton Brown's offerings and have learned a lot from him. Mario is also a good teacher. And Jacques and Julia are certain all-time favorites.

Emeril is, to me, exceptionally tiresome, yet I also enjoy his recipes. One thing you have to hand to Emeril is that he certainly has the marketing end down pat!

I like Alton Brown, Tyler Florence, Rachael Ray and Giada DeLaurentiis. Hate to say it Bang, I think Rachael is officially taken. She had a big old diamond ring on her hand in the Block Party Special she did. I like Alton b/c he explains the "why" of things.

GB said:
Is Giada taken? Aside from her gigantic forehead I think she is very attractive!

GB, you could always say what my hubby says "I never made it to her face!"

OK, to stay on topic here. I don't really have a favorite. I like Alton Brown, Paula Dean, Rachel Ray, & most of the others mentioned here.

I have to say....Micheal Smith's new hair cut is just wrong.....

I can barely look at him it is so bad.......

:LOL:

He looks like the put him in a dryer with a sheet of bounce for 20 minutes..... :LOL:

I like Rob Feenie....

I used to think his cooking was complicated while now that I understand his base....I enjoy watching his show....

Another good one is Jamie Oliver........he's got it in my book!

LOL I like your husband crewsk :) That is a great response!

I like Bobby Flay too, but I can only take so much of him. His food always looks interesting though. Jamie Oliver is another one who I enjoy watching, but I haven't seen him in quite a while now.

Tyler Florence. he has a great cookbook.
And that guy who lives in heaven (wine country), who's always cooking for his friends..darn. I don't think his show is on very often, cause I rarely catch it. but he does wonderful pastas and salads. funny, cause he's followed by the carb cutter dude.

[quote="crewsk] you could always say what my hubby says "I never made it to her face!"[/quote]
I wouldn't be able to pick her out of a lineup if it weren't for the one show where she didn't wear a low cut dress. :LOL:

GB said:
LOL I like your husband crewsk :) That is a great response!

I just roll my eyes & walk the other direction! Then he looks at me asks in an innocent voice "What did I say, why did you roll your eyes at me? I just told the truth!" It's pretty funny though!

I enjoy watching Paula Dean, Ina Garten, Giada DeLaurentis, Michael Chiarello (probably didn't spell that right :D ).....he's so darn sexy when he cooks.
As for the older shows I really miss the Cajuan cook on PBS that used to say, "I Guarantee".
I'll watch Emeril if nothing else is on that peeks my interest but honestly he tries to be too funny anymore. His sense of humor is blah but because he's a cooking star and theirs a live audience they hoop it up when he tries to make a funny and I think that just encourages him more.
I cannot tolerate Alton Brown...oh you never seen someone move so quickly to scramble for the remote when he comes on.
Bobby Flay......he's alright but my gut instinct tells me he's not a pleasent person off camera.

...I'm dissapointed that I didn't get to see much of Rob Rainford this summer.....I like the dude!

Another great couple of shows are....

Gaslight Gourmet

and

Barbeque University.......pretty special that show....

some of my favs have been mentioned here, but i really enjoy lidia matticchio bastianich from lidia's italian american kitchen.

tutti a tavola a mangiare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom