Your favorite TV cheff?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Audeo said:
Thanks for taking me back, Lifter -- I had forgotten about Graham Kerr!!! ;)

i had forgotten about him too. He was probably thee first TV chef I remember enjoying. I had watched others before him, but never understood or cared what they were doing. Graham Kerr was a riot though and I learned a lot from him.

GB said:
Audeo said:
Thanks for taking me back, Lifter -- I had forgotten about Graham Kerr!!! ;)

i had forgotten about him too. He was probably thee first TV chef I remember enjoying. I had watched others before him, but never understood or cared what they were doing. Graham Kerr was a riot though and I learned a lot from him.

I couldn't think of his name.. I only remember him as The Galloping Gourmet. He also had a show on PBS, and I don't know if he still does.

he was that grillin guy. i saw him on another grilling show with some other guys, not sure of the name. he lost a lot of weight, may have been sick or something. hopefully not. i liked his shows too...

MJ said:
Bangbang said:
I wish Racheal Ray would wear hot pants on her show.
rrr.png

Thankyou MJ. I owe ya one. :LOL:

buckytom said:
he was that grillin guy. i saw him on another grilling show with some other guys, not sure of the name. he lost a lot of weight, may have been sick or something. hopefully not. i liked his shows too...

Is he the guy who does that low-carb cooking show now? Can't remember the name of it, but I think the chef's name is George.

not sure bug. last time i saw him he was doing a show where there were 3 guys on 3 different sets grilling various dishes.
he may have a diet show now, considering the weight loss.

mudbug said:
Bangbang said:
She reminds me of Seamaiden MJ. That will be the required uniform for women working at our Diner MJ.

Kinda like Hooters with a view of the ocean?

The one in Ft. Lauderdale DOES have a view of the ocean. At least that's what my oldest son tells me! His Godmother of all people brought him there when he turned 13...came back w/pictures of himself caught between 2 sets! (he was shorter, at the time)_

mudbug said:
buckytom said:

Is he the guy who does that low-carb cooking show now? Can't remember the name of it, but I think the chef's name is George.

nope two entirely different people. i know his name was george hirsh... i just don't know how to spell his last name.

favorites in order:

Sara Moulton
Two Fat Ladies (no gone)
Barefoot Contessa
Alton Brown
Essence of Emeril (his LIVE show is too theatrical)

least favorites in order:

Rachael Ray
Half homemade or what ever it is named
Iron Chef
Paula Dean
Boil Water

kyles said:
I love Nigella Lawson, she is my absolute favourite, I use her recipes a lot. She is realistic, clever and witty.

I can't stand Jamie Oliver, I used to love him when he was younger, but we get Jamie overload here, and I am fed up with him now. All his recipes seem variations of about 5 themes.

I have a love hate relationship with Garry Rhodes, I really like his recipes, but as a presenter, he annoys me. I do love his Autumn into Winter, Spring into Summer series, as he does a lot of recipes with just a music background and no talking, which works really well.
oh yessss i had forgotten Nigella,she is my favourite too,i've learned a few great baking recipes from her,and whatever u say about Garry,i'd still say he is great,just great. :D

I like Alton Brown for his wonderful instruction, and I like Tyler's "Best Of" show. But I adore Paula Dean; if I ate all of her recipes I'd weigh 300 pounds. :shock:

I'm not much of a fan of Emeril; I find I like to watch shows that teach about technique, and he doesn't talk much, if at all, about technique, just says things like, "then what I'm gonna do is, I'm gonna add a little parsley ..." Uh-huh. I like Mario because of his patter and his vast knowledge, like listening to him, but frankly, his dishes are unappealing to me.

I miss Julia. :cry:

Cats

The only show I consistently like from food network is Alton Brown's Good Eats - he's a great teacher.

I like Lidia's Italian Table which airs in the afternoon once or twice a week on my local PBS station and which I try to remember to tape - she's had some wonderful shows on making pasta.

I wish I could find some good shows on any kind of Asian cooking. PBS airs shows by Martin Yan - he's OK but if anyone knows of others I'd love to get your suggestions.

The only shows I know of, subfus, are Iron Chef and the one with Ming Tsai (can't remember the name of this one). Tsai's show is pretty good, and Iron Chef is kind of silly but fun to watch, if you're into play-by-play commentary. Martin Yan drives me batty.

Sorry, not an expert on Asian cuisine. Someone better informed will probably have more useful suggestions for you.

i like and try to copy martin yans style of chopping veggies. chop chop chop chop really fast, pause to check to see if you still have all your digits, then chop chop chop again, lol.

buckytom said:
i like and try to copy martin yans style of chopping veggies. chop chop chop chop really fast, pause to check to see if you still have all your digits, then chop chop chop again, lol.

:LOL: :LOL: then he'd say, "you see, you see, you see!"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom