Your Top 25 favorite meals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No particular order for me

1. Scallops stirfried with ginger and teriyaki sauce
2. Chicken tandoori
3. Indonesian fried rice
4. Sushi
5. Roast wing rib of beef with yorkshire pud and all the veggies
6. Mums vegetarian lasagne
7. Dad's savoury mince with yorkshire puds
8. Osso bucco
9. Chicken cacciatore
10. Fish and Chips with brown vinegar
11. Lamb's fry (liver) and onions (preferably cooked by my dad)
12. Potato and rosemary pizza
13. Chicken Kiev
14. Wiener Scnitzel
15. Cold roast chicken and salad
16. spaghetti bolognase
17. macaroni cheese
18. minestrone with homemade bread rolls
19. roasted vegetables with haloumi cheese
20. barbecued chicken satay with peanut sauce
21. gado gado
22. Aussie burgers (hamburgers with lots of salad and beetroot)
23. frittata
24. roast lamb with mint sauce
25. prawns in sweet chili sauce

Phew that was hard. I wanted to include ice cream, but that isn't really a meal, is it?????????

Bangbang said:
3. Clam Chowder with Bacon; 4. Blt with lots of bacon; 16. Beef Liver with Onions and Bacon; 17. Fried Chicken Livers with Onions and Bacon

Bang, from now on, whenever I see the Kibbles 'n Bits commercial where the dog rapturously cries, "BACONNNNN!", I swear, I will think of you. :D

1. Pizza
2. No, correction, good pizza.
3. Although I never met a pizza I didn't like.
4. Except for the pizza that my neighborhood mom 'n pop sells. Stale crust with flavorless, tough cheese that oozes grease, unusual degree of talent for absorbing pizza-takeout-box flavor on the way home. A SKANK of a pizza.
5. I may be the only person on earth who likes Totino's pizza. Nice flaky crust and a good sauce. Too small, though. I think they have stealthily downsized, over the years.
6. Anything shrimp.
7. Meatloaf -- what I think of as Diner Blue Plate Special Meatloaf, the kind with the gelatinous gravy. Each time I try a new recipe, I get a little closer to duplicating it ...
8. Don't gimme no fancy-schmancy thyme and mozzarella when it comes to meatloaf. That's bohemian talk.
9. Ribs
10. T-Bone steak on the grill, charred out, medium rare in.
11. Crab Cakes
12. Lobster Norfolk
13. Macaroni and Cheese, only it has to be creamy like Alton Brown's.
14. Beef 'n Bean Burritos
15. Diner Cheeseburger Platter with Chocolate Shake. Burger patty thin and rare, non-homestyle fries, semi-limp. With ketchup, in a little pool on the side.
16. Banana Split
17. Big crispy crunchy chef's salad, bleu cheese dressing with a vinegar bite, and crusty bread
18. Two or three kinds of fresh fruit with a yogurt cup
19. Fried Chicken
20. Cold fried chicken with bread and butter
21. (Winter) A busy, Tuscan-style soup with crusty bread
22. Marzipan Anything
23. Pork Roast
24. Beef or pork braised in a rich sauce finished with red wine and a dab of butter and Duchesse potatoes
25. Hasenpfeffer, like I had one memorable time at my grandmother's table. She served it with potato dumplings and rabbit gravy. I was nine. In those days, I spent summer vacations with my grandparents. They kept rabbits, and every year I befriended them and gave them names. Most of the rabbits were new, one summer to the next, and I managed to not quite acknowledge why this was so. Except for one white one, who lasted a couple of seasons, and who was my favorite and who I named Sweetie. The Hasenpfeffer meal was served on my first day back, after school had let out. Big platter of meat and gravy in the middle of the table. The meal was like I'd died and gone to heaven. I couldn't believe food could taste so good. One of the rabbit leg bones was conspicuously fractured. During the meal, my grandfather said that, Well, Sweetie had fallen out of her cage and broken her leg and ... well, it was very sad, we know she was your special frien-- and I was like, "That's cool, any more of those dumplings left?" Little savage that I was.

It wasn't until many years later, when I was an adult, that I learned that my grandfather had slaughtered the rabbit and then broken its leg bone, in order to have a plausible story to tell me. I've always thought that was one of the most lovingkind things anybody ever did for me.

Cats

Catseye said:
4. Except for the pizza that my neighborhood mom 'n pop sells. Stale crust with flavorless, tough cheese that oozes grease, unusual degree of talent for absorbing pizza-takeout-box flavor on the way home. A SKANK of a pizza.
:LOL: :LOL:

My top 25 would be 25 different kinds of pizza! I like your thinking Catseye!

After reading through all of the posts in this thread, I found about 400 more top 25 to add to my list. When it comes to food, I guess I basically love almost it all.

Wow.

Very difficult to write up a list. I love knowing I can update this at any time - thanks for the invisible EDIT feature!

Maybe I can try categories of foods for now.

1. Beans. Any kind, served hot or cold or lukewarm.
2. Breads. Any of them, as part of casseroles or on their own, dripping with spreads of every description, including patés...
3. Sweets. Maple syrup and honey top the list. Cheesecakes come close.
4. Veggies, raw, thinly julienned, in a spring roll made with rice noodles.
5. Seafood, preferably lobster and crab, oysters too.

there's nothing like navy or great northern beans, bread 'n (real) butter, and a glass of milk.

Back
Top Bottom