"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2007, 08:21 AM   #41
Executive Chef

robo, and what might the secret be to Syrian hummus??

Easter just has not come together this year. Do not really celebrate the holiday anymore. I went to the freezer several times this week to pull something for Sundays meal, but kept coming up empty handed. Finally, yesterday I made myself select something. So I came up with.............................................. .........................................

two pounds of ground beef

Old 04-07-2007, 09:04 AM   #42
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to CherryRed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
thanks, Cherry, but HH bought the already-jelled stuff. I guess if I got a really sharp knife.......................
Haha. Oops, I guess I failed to notice the "cups" part of your first post (despite the fact that I typed it in my response. . .)

Good luck finding a use for it then!

Old 04-07-2007, 09:13 AM   #43
Head Chef

After much discussion and deliberation we have decided to take it easy. We''' be having lamb chops and salad. Maybe I'll make a Spanish Cream for pudding ;) Not fancy, but we are having lamb as a nod to the festivity and its so warm here. I thank we'll eat late and go and explore the park we have moved near to through the day time. ;)
Old 04-07-2007, 12:39 PM   #44
Master Chef

Due to my non-red-meat-eating husband, our Easter dinners are either smoked turkey or roast duck - depending on quality & what's on sale. I was absolutely thrilled to find ducks on sale, so that will be this year's Easter dinner (we had a lovely smoked turkey last year).

So, since it's just the 2 of us, the menu will be rotisserie-roasted duckling, fresh green beans almondine, Alouette Garlic/Herb Cheese potato gratin, & - if we have room - a frozen New York-style cheesecake for dessert.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:32 PM   #45
Head Chef

Our Easter supper will be shared with my mom and dad. We are going to have turducken with cajun sausage stuffing, fresh green beans with new potatoes, homemade rolls, deviled eggs and an angel food cake/fresh strawberry dessert.

Happy Easter to all!

callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 02:03 PM   #46
Sous Chef

We're doing a fairly traditional Armenian menu, with some twists. Roasted leg of lamb. Ic Pilaf (which is a turkish name of the same Armenian rice pilaf), and corn on the cob for the kiddo. Our Hors d'Ouvres will be various borek and mucver (basically like a potato pancake but with zucchini). Dessert will be a traditional Geman peach kuchen. We're having friends over. Should be fun!!
Old 04-07-2007, 02:04 PM   #47
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by callie
Our Easter supper will be shared with my mom and dad. We are going to have turducken with cajun sausage stuffing, fresh green beans with new potatoes, homemade rolls, deviled eggs and an angel food cake/fresh strawberry dessert.

Happy Easter to all!
Callie,
your meal sounds great. We're having a glazed spiral cut ham, was going to make au graten potatoes, but, I've never been a big cheddar fan, so switched to my more scalloped type potatoes with shredded leeks, parmesan cheese,cream and butter, asparagus, appies, strawberry short cake, fruit salad,homemade rolls, Then kids asked for all this I think they are planning on take homes Of course there are oodles of colored easter eggs for the kids to hunt, 4 huge baskets will all kinds of goodies, we never know when to stop here
Happy Easter to your mom and dad.

kadesma
Old 04-07-2007, 02:14 PM   #48
Head Chef

kades, your potatoes sound yummy! do you cook the leeks with the potatoes?

I'm going to color some eggs this afternoon. Everyone in my group "thinks" he/she is too old...but I see the smiles when they get their own special Easter eggs!

callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 02:21 PM   #49
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by callie
kades, your potatoes sound yummy! do you cook the leeks with the potatoes?

I'm going to color some eggs this afternoon. Everyone in my group "thinks" he/she is too old...but I see the smiles when they get their own special Easter eggs!
Callie, yes I slice the white part down the length,then slice again across. loosen them up with my fingers so they don't clump and just make layers of potato,salt,pepper, leeks,parmesan, till all is used up then I pour on cream and dot with butter and bake..As old as my kids are they still get a kick out of colored eggs, in fact when we have the egg hunt for the little ones, I have to insist they not play too
kadesma
Old 04-07-2007, 04:57 PM   #50
Head Chef

Finally got my menu together:

Ham with tangerine and sage glaze
Egg, cheese and potato casserole
Pancakes with real maple syrup
Assorted bagels, cream cheese, capers and smoked salmon
Coffee cake
Fresh fruit platter

Bloody mary
mimosa