YOUR traditional Easter Dinner and Menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
robo, and what might the secret be to Syrian hummus??

Easter just has not come together this year. Do not really celebrate the holiday anymore. I went to the freezer several times this week to pull something for Sundays meal, but kept coming up empty handed. Finally, yesterday I made myself select something. So I came up with.......................................................................................

two pounds of ground beef:wacko:

Last edited:
mudbug said:
thanks, Cherry, but HH bought the already-jelled stuff. I guess if I got a really sharp knife.......................

Haha. Oops, I guess I failed to notice the "cups" part of your first post (despite the fact that I typed it in my response. . .)

Good luck finding a use for it then!

After much discussion and deliberation we have decided to take it easy. We''' be having lamb chops and salad. Maybe I'll make a Spanish Cream for pudding ;) Not fancy, but we are having lamb as a nod to the festivity and its so warm here. I thank we'll eat late and go and explore the park we have moved near to through the day time. ;)

Due to my non-red-meat-eating husband, our Easter dinners are either smoked turkey or roast duck - depending on quality & what's on sale. I was absolutely thrilled to find ducks on sale, so that will be this year's Easter dinner (we had a lovely smoked turkey last year).

So, since it's just the 2 of us, the menu will be rotisserie-roasted duckling, fresh green beans almondine, Alouette Garlic/Herb Cheese potato gratin, & - if we have room - a frozen New York-style cheesecake for dessert.

Our Easter supper will be shared with my mom and dad. We are going to have turducken with cajun sausage stuffing, fresh green beans with new potatoes, homemade rolls, deviled eggs and an angel food cake/fresh strawberry dessert.

Happy Easter to all! :flowers:

We're doing a fairly traditional Armenian menu, with some twists. Roasted leg of lamb. Ic Pilaf (which is a turkish name of the same Armenian rice pilaf), and corn on the cob for the kiddo. Our Hors d'Ouvres will be various borek and mucver (basically like a potato pancake but with zucchini). Dessert will be a traditional Geman peach kuchen. We're having friends over. Should be fun!!

callie said:
Our Easter supper will be shared with my mom and dad. We are going to have turducken with cajun sausage stuffing, fresh green beans with new potatoes, homemade rolls, deviled eggs and an angel food cake/fresh strawberry dessert.

Happy Easter to all! :flowers:
Callie,
your meal sounds great. We're having a glazed spiral cut ham, was going to make au graten potatoes, but, I've never been a big cheddar fan, so switched to my more scalloped type potatoes with shredded leeks, parmesan cheese,cream and butter, asparagus, appies, strawberry short cake, fruit salad,homemade rolls,:) Then kids asked for all this I think they are planning on take homes:LOL: Of course there are oodles of colored easter eggs for the kids to hunt, 4 huge baskets will all kinds of goodies, we never know when to stop here:LOL:
Happy Easter to your mom and dad.

kadesma

kades, your potatoes sound yummy! do you cook the leeks with the potatoes?

I'm going to color some eggs this afternoon. Everyone in my group "thinks" he/she is too old...but I see the smiles when they get their own special Easter eggs! :LOL:

callie said:
kades, your potatoes sound yummy! do you cook the leeks with the potatoes?

I'm going to color some eggs this afternoon. Everyone in my group "thinks" he/she is too old...but I see the smiles when they get their own special Easter eggs! :LOL:
Callie, yes I slice the white part down the length,then slice again across. loosen them up with my fingers so they don't clump and just make layers of potato,salt,pepper, leeks,parmesan, till all is used up then I pour on cream and dot with butter and bake..As old as my kids are they still get a kick out of colored eggs, in fact when we have the egg hunt for the little ones, I have to insist they not play too:ROFLMAO:
kadesma

Finally got my menu together:

Ham with tangerine and sage glaze
Egg, cheese and potato casserole
Pancakes with real maple syrup
Assorted bagels, cream cheese, capers and smoked salmon
Coffee cake
Fresh fruit platter

Bloody mary
mimosa
strawberry milk
O.J.
Coffee

Whew I am pooped already!

elaine, I've made that ham with tangerine and sage glaze and it's fantastic.

I'm making a turkey, stuffing, potatoes of some sort. Basically like Thanksgiving which is really weird for me, but it's what hubby wanted when I asked his preference and I'm up for it too. There better be a parade on tv like t-day lol.

Unfortunately, I'm scheduled to work today.

But if I didn't have to work, I would have done a roasted turkey breast, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy with some broccoli on the side. For desert, it would have been some Royal Vanilla ice cream.

I'm off for the summer the end of the month, so I'll do this on the 29th, which is a Sunday.

Last edited:
so there I was, in my insulated coveralls, grilling burgers in the snow flurries. But conditions were better today than yesterday, when I would have needed that head gear that is furlined with the furlined ear flaps hanging down, always associated that particular piece of apparrell as from Minnesota.

Simple meal, homemade hamburger buns, sliced onions, fresh spinach leaves, grilled hamburgers and ricotta cheese and horseradish smeared on the bun.

I'm going to make something totally different. I'm going to make a pappardelle pasta with some fresh veggies - Swiss chard, peas, I'll roast some grape tomatoes, asparagus tips, anything else that looks interesting and I'll make just enough of a Thai red curry/coconut milk sauce to lightly coat. I'll probably use some cilantro and lime juice/wedges to garnish.

Salad will be bitter greens and baby romaine with a simple buttermilk dressing.

Wine will be a dry Riesling or a Grüner Veltliner.

We are having the traditional ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, broccoli and cresant rolls. The ham is cooking now and it smells and looks DELICIOUS!!!! :bunny: I hope everyone has a very Happy Easter...enjoy your time with your family. :flowers: :bunny:

I'm sorry. Someone asked me for this recipe, and I totally forgot about posting it.​

BRANDIED RABBIT IN MUSTARD SAUCE

1 medium frying Rabbit, cut up
1 Tbs Olive oil
1 Tbs Butter
1 medium Onion, quartered
Whole cloves
Bouquet garni
Salt and pepper
Brandy
4 Tbs whipping cream
1-1/2 Tbs coarse Dijon Mustard

Wipe meat pieces and trim off any fat. Heat olive oil and butter in large skillet. Generously press whole cloves into onion quarters, add to skillet, and saute until onion is soft, but not browned. Season rabbit pieces with salt and pepper, add rabbit and bouquet garni to pan, and saute rabbit pieces on all sides until browned.

Generously 'slosh' at least 1/2 cup brandy over top of rabbit pieces, cover, and cook over medium low heat for about 30 minutes, or until rabbit pieces are cooked through. Remove rabbit pieces from pan and keep warm.

Discard onion quarters, cloves, and bouquet garni. Increase heat to medium high. Add cream and mustard, stirring constantly until slightly thickened. Return rabbit pieeces to pan and coat on all sides with sauce. Serve immediately.

Honey Dijon Glazed Baby Carrots

3 tbsp. honey
3 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 20-ounce package baby carrots

Sauté baby carrots in a neutral oil (peanut, canola, grapeseed, etc.) until crisp-tender and set aside. Drain oil from sauté pan , then add honey and mustard and heat until bubbly. Return carrots to honey mixture, coat evenly with the sauce and heat for one minute.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom