"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 04-07-2007, 11:09 PM   #51
Executive Chef

elaine, I've made that ham with tangerine and sage glaze and it's fantastic.

I'm making a turkey, stuffing, potatoes of some sort. Basically like Thanksgiving which is really weird for me, but it's what hubby wanted when I asked his preference and I'm up for it too. There better be a parade on tv like t-day lol.

Old 04-08-2007, 10:43 AM   #52
Executive Chef

Unfortunately, I'm scheduled to work today.

But if I didn't have to work, I would have done a roasted turkey breast, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy with some broccoli on the side. For desert, it would have been some Royal Vanilla ice cream.

I'm off for the summer the end of the month, so I'll do this on the 29th, which is a Sunday.

Old 04-08-2007, 01:19 PM   #53
Executive Chef

so there I was, in my insulated coveralls, grilling burgers in the snow flurries. But conditions were better today than yesterday, when I would have needed that head gear that is furlined with the furlined ear flaps hanging down, always associated that particular piece of apparrell as from Minnesota.

Simple meal, homemade hamburger buns, sliced onions, fresh spinach leaves, grilled hamburgers and ricotta cheese and horseradish smeared on the bun.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:39 PM   #54
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
I'm going to make something totally different. I'm going to make a pappardelle pasta with some fresh veggies - Swiss chard, peas, I'll roast some grape tomatoes, asparagus tips, anything else that looks interesting and I'll make just enough of a Thai red curry/coconut milk sauce to lightly coat. I'll probably use some cilantro and lime juice/wedges to garnish.

Salad will be bitter greens and baby romaine with a simple buttermilk dressing.

Wine will be a dry Riesling or a Grüner Veltliner.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:53 PM   #55
Sous Chef

We are having the traditional ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, broccoli and cresant rolls. The ham is cooking now and it smells and looks DELICIOUS!!!! I hope everyone has a very Happy Easter...enjoy your time with your family.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:04 PM   #56
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
I'm sorry. Someone asked me for this recipe, and I totally forgot about posting it.

BRANDIED RABBIT IN MUSTARD SAUCE

1 medium frying Rabbit, cut up
1 Tbs Olive oil
1 Tbs Butter
1 medium Onion, quartered
Whole cloves
Bouquet garni
Salt and pepper
Brandy
4 Tbs whipping cream
1-1/2 Tbs coarse Dijon Mustard

Wipe meat pieces and trim off any fat. Heat olive oil and butter in large skillet. Generously press whole cloves into onion quarters, add to skillet, and saute until onion is soft, but not browned. Season rabbit pieces with salt and pepper, add rabbit and bouquet garni to pan, and saute rabbit pieces on all sides until browned.

Generously 'slosh' at least 1/2 cup brandy over top of rabbit pieces, cover, and cook over medium low heat for about 30 minutes, or until rabbit pieces are cooked through. Remove rabbit pieces from pan and keep warm.

Discard onion quarters, cloves, and bouquet garni. Increase heat to medium high. Add cream and mustard, stirring constantly until slightly thickened. Return rabbit pieeces to pan and coat on all sides with sauce. Serve immediately.

Honey Dijon Glazed Baby Carrots

3 tbsp. honey
3 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 20-ounce package baby carrots

Sauté baby carrots in a neutral oil (peanut, canola, grapeseed, etc.) until crisp-tender and set aside. Drain oil from sauté pan , then add honey and mustard and heat until bubbly. Return carrots to honey mixture, coat evenly with the sauce and heat for one minute.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:45 PM   #57
Chef Extraordinaire

We may have to have your carrots tonight, Caine. Sounds good! No rabbit at the ready, alas.