YOUR traditional Easter Dinner and Menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I am trying to avoid the Easter staple of Ham and Turkey, does anyone out there have a good Easter Sunday dinner that they make?

I am looking at doing a boiled dinner (shoulder) but again, that just falls back into the ham thing.

Ugh...

I do roast or bbq lamb (depending on the weather...roast this year) I have friends that do a big lasagna at Easter, I also know a family that does a big pot of pork loin and sauerkraut with polish sausage. Make what you like and make it festive!

Brandied Rabbit in Mustard Sauce*
Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes*
Honey Dijon Glazed Baby Carrots*
Yogurt Biscuits* (made with self-rising flour!)
Angelfood Cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream

*Recipes available upon request

Sorry, Miss Diva. It's been so long since Buck and I had ham at Easter we're going to have one this year. I plan to serve green bean casserole, sweet potato "something," a pineapple side and something for dessert, which is yet to be determined.

Bought a nice big ham so there'll be plenty of leftovers and a nice bone for split pea soup.

HH already bought a ham and invited guests, so I guess we're having ham and some other stuff. Angel food cake, most likely for dessert, or maybe an angel food cake/jello/custard trifle thing to use up the 900 cups of jello he also bought.

I always like sweet taters with ham so maybe some jazzed up version of those.

Miss Diva..

I can't get charged up about ham this year myself. So, I am looking for somehing..just haven't got a plan...there will be fresh Aparagus and Stawberries so I am hoping someone will come along with an idea...

I wish I had one. I didn't realize Easter was this coming Sunday. I plan to have a brunch but not sure what yet.

I bought a spiral cut ham but not for Easter dinner.

One of my daughters is joining us for Easter dinner with our granson (daddy has to work).

I'm making lamb shish kebab, rice pilaf and a tossed salad. SO is responsible for dessert. I think she's making Armenian cookies.

I think this is what we have agreed upon:

Rotisserie (sp, again I am horrible at this) Prime Rib with a Greek Rub
Pork Shoulder ala slow cooker with cabbage and water chestnuts
Herb and garlic corn on the cob with a lemon butter drizzle
Baked potatoes with all the fixins
Sweet baby spring mix green salad with a tangerine lime vinegrette (ranch for the kids)
Bacon and onion peas
Honey Cornbread muffins
sweet bread
and for dessert my famous triple berry white chocolate cheesecake trifle.

Still, I'd love to hear what everyone else is having. I am always open for suggestions...

My children dictate the menu each year, this Easter, it will be before hand,prosciutto,tapenade,basil on toasted crisp baguette rubbed with evoo and garlic,gorgonzola cream put into belgian endive leaves and topped with toasted walnets,my dad's avocado dip and thinly sliced sour dough bread, if time permits dried apricotsstuffed with some cream cheese and walnuts then drizzeled with honey. A sprial sliced ham basted with honey,butter,cloves,cinnamon and a little oj or pineapple juice, au gratin potatoes, roasted asparagus with evoo,salt and pepper and then wrapped in a slice of parma ham and shaved parmesan on top, fruit salad, homemade rolls,chocolate cream pie and cream puffs..

kadesma;)

For some reason, we tend to have light meals on Easter. This year, weather permitting, we plan to grill steaks and have some potatoes and sides. For dessert we will have a brownie with ice cream and/or a fruit cobbler.
We have friends in California who always have salmon and a citrus salad. There are folks in Texas who have already started priming their bbq pits.
I am having rib eye steaks but I might add some ham steaks and chicken. There is always supper to think about.
I really would like to start the day off with breakfast to commemorate the day. Something simple like biscuits, scrambles, & sausage links with milk & oj.

Mudbug...
I saw an Angel food cake that looked so good....

Cut the cake into thirds
20 0z. can of crushed pineapple drain
1 box instant vanilla pudding
1 cup thawed cool whip
mix pudding with the pineapple juice
add the cool topping
frost the layers and top with fresh fruit. ( like blueberries and strawberries)

Spiral cut ham
Ginger-orange cranberries
Apple sauce
Oven roasted baby carrots
Potato casserole
Rosemary Peas
Multi-grain artisan bread
Blackberry layer cake

PA Baker said:
Spiral cut ham
Ginger-orange cranberries
Apple sauce
Oven roasted baby carrots
Potato casserole
Rosemary Peas
Multi-grain artisan bread
Blackberry layer cake
Pa,
ginger-orange cranberries, that sounds so good. Anything special you do? I have some cranberries in the freezer that I'd love to use..Would love an idea on amounts, please:)

kadesma

mudbug said:
HH already bought a ham and invited guests, so I guess we're having ham and some other stuff. Angel food cake, most likely for dessert, or maybe an angel food cake/jello/custard trifle thing to use up the 900 cups of jello he also bought.

I always like sweet taters with ham so maybe some jazzed up version of those.

:LOL::LOL::LOL: 900 cups of jello. That cracked me up.

Not sure yet what we're having for easter dinner just yet.

I look forward to ham on Easter, we only have it 1-2 times a year.
Menu Iam planning on is (sides may change) Honey Baked Ham, candied yams, potato casserole, roasted asparagus-broccoli, corn,apple sauce, cole slaw and dinner rolls. Think Iam making a Butterscotch Dream Pie and a Chocolate Pecan Pie for dessert.

:bunny: Have a Happy Easter all! :bunny: Barb

Last edited:
I don't like ham. I know, weird. I always do lamb, but some of my family will not eat it, so we also have a small ham, and this year I am going to smoke a salmon. (I got a new smoker and I have to show off for my Daddy) Hopefully, it will be as good as the last one I smoked or I could be embarrassed.

Back
Top Bottom