"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-23-2005, 05:57 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
that would be one time i made hamburgers. i got sidetracked and forgot i was broiling them. they ended up like hockey pucks lol

Old 02-23-2005, 06:03 PM   #12
Executive Chef

I have made a lot of real bad stuff during my "cooking career. I have made porkchops and steak that you could use as paper weights.

Old 02-23-2005, 06:10 PM   #13
Certified Executive Chef

I have conveniently forgotten what exactly I cooked, but when I asked my husband how he liked it, he smiled and suggested I lose the recipe.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:44 PM   #14
DC Grandma

Years ago and the replacement of a dutch oven I made one full of salsa..first try..it called for 1 pound of jallapeno peppers...wellll..I didn't put that many in and it was very very hot..but it had a Teffalon lining so the next time I cooked a family favorite. Fresh Green Beens ..the whole pot full. Need I say more??? Kevin said "Wow Mom, did you use all the pepper in the house?" :oops:

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 09:23 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dove
Years ago and the replacement of a dutch oven I made one full of salsa..first try..it called for 1 pound of jallapeno peppers...wellll..I didn't put that many in and it was very very hot..but it had a Teffalon lining so the next time I cooked a family favorite. Fresh Green Beens ..the whole pot full. Need I say more??? Kevin said "Wow Mom, did you use all the pepper in the house?" :oops:
When I first started cooking I made chili and used red pepper instead of chili pepper.....5 tablespoons to 3 pounds of meat. Woweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :!: I thought they were the same.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:55 AM   #16
Master Chef

My worst fiasco had to be the first time I tried to make bread. I got the recipe from one of the nurses I worked with .... unfortunately I didn't turn the 3x5 card over and read the rest of the instructions. Instead of two loaves of bread I made two 1-inch high boat anchors.

But, the Rx worked like a charm the next time ......

Boy - did I feel stupid! :oops:
Old 02-24-2005, 02:32 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael in FtW
My worst fiasco had to be the first time I tried to make bread. I got the recipe from one of the nurses I worked with .... unfortunately I didn't turn the 3x5 card over and read the rest of the instructions. Instead of two loaves of bread I made two 1-inch high boat anchors.

But, the Rx worked like a charm the next time ......

Boy - did I feel stupid! :oops:
I have made a few of those.....My first Focaccia was used as a frisby.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:24 PM   #18
Executive Chef

The first time I tried to make sugar cookies on my own. I thought I memorized the recipe, but my proportions and conversions were waaaaay off. The cookies came out so hard that I even threw one against the wall and it didn't break. What can I say? I admit it, I suck at baking. Well actually, not anymore. But still I don't really like to do it.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:18 PM   #19
Executive Chef

I have destroyed many fried eggs. I just can't flip them without breaking the yoke.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:33 PM   #20

Send a message via AIM to nicole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangbang
I have destroyed many fried eggs. I just can't flip them without breaking the yoke.
That is so weird bang..... This morning I was yelling at my husband because he wanted eggs. Well, I can not make fried eggs without breaking them. Everytime I make them when it's time to flip, I get all sweaty and nervous, Literaly. I don't know what it is but I can not flip a friggin egg