Zapp's HOTTER 'N HOT JALAPENO Potato Chip Review.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
I did not think I would get to review another Jalapeno flavored potato chip, but somehow my local Wegmans store had this chip for sale.

I bought a 2 ounce bag for 85 cents. The only sized bag they had.

This makes it Jalapeno type chip review #7 for this forum!!!

Chip size was really good, just as good as the Miss Vickies brand Jalapeno chip.

Color was good, but not as good as Miss Vickies brand Jalapeno chip.

Chip thickness was on par I think with the Miss Vicklies brand Jalapeno Chip.

The chip had some great after taste for me, not alot a flavor up front.

I give this chip a big thumbs up. It was very tough for me to put a position on this chip. I would say I am stuck putting this chip in the third or fourth place for me out of the 7 chips I have tasted so far.

From the website of the people that make this chip:

http://www.zappsstore.com/cgi-local...epages/new.html?L+scstore+mjny6713+1114312760

HOTTER 'N HOT JALAPENO - If you're a jalapeno heat freak, ours is 4 alarm. Our jalapeno has a great heat level with a "full bodied" jalapeno flavor. My friend, Brent, ate 6 bags one night and swore he was having a heart attack. A quick trip to the emergency room and the $800 E.K.G. bill later determined it was semi-terminal indigestion and jalapeno overload.

:LOL: :twisted:

kleenex, is their a jalapeno chip for whimps? I do pasilla or anaheims and cannot handle anything hotter than Frank's Hot Sauce which I love. It is hot but it has loads of flavor, other sauces are just plain HOT>

norgeskog said:
kleenex, is their a jalapeno chip for whimps? I do pasilla or anaheims and cannot handle anything hotter than Frank's Hot Sauce which I love. It is hot but it has loads of flavor, other sauces are just plain HOT>

The Wise brand. Had lots of color, a nice flavor, but was not hot at all.

http://www.taquitos.net/snacks.php?snack_code=2358

I would place it #6 out the 7 chips I tasted because I wanted something spicy.

kleenex said:
norgeskog said:

The Wise brand. Had lots of color, a nice flavor, but was not hot at all.

http://www.taquitos.net/snacks.php?snack_code=2358

I would place it #6 out the 7 chips I tasted because I wanted something spicy.

Thanks kleenex, I will try to find them. I like the hot chips to dip with cottage cheese, have used original doritos but bored with them. I will try these.

Bedtime story time, this one ought to make kleenex happy.

There was a brand of potato chips called... "chips". People dont have to get too creative in Mexico given the fact that the word chips is foreign and cool to them. Any way's they put out a jalapeno chip that was extraordinary... basically they fried slightly thicker than usual potato slices in rustic iron kettles filled with jalapeno infused oil (no jalapeno powder or stuff like that). You ended up with slightly smoky, very spicy chips which where the best I have had.

But not all was well in the kingdom of Mexico...

People craved to get even more from their chips so a bunch of stands started specializing in prepped up chips. For two or three times what the bag of chips costed you could add the juice of a freshly squeezed lime, 3 kinds of hot sauce, coated peanuts (a salty kind I've never seen in the us), chopped tamarind candy, a chili lime powder, a bag of "chamoy" (a sour plum paste) and maybe a couple more local candies. They served it in the bag which was cut open with scissors and they gave you a plastic spoon. A REALLY good "once a month" snack with a bottle of coke.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom