Andersen's Pea Soup Restaurant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fiona, you and I always seem to be singing from the same sheet of music. When I want to make my pea soup have some different texture, I buy a bag of baby frozen peas and toss them in. Even my mother (who believes pea soup should almost be pureed in texture, but only because you cook it just right, don't actually puree it!) enjoyed the little change in texture. Don't do it every time, but just to throw a little curve. So it winds up being split pea soup with a spring pea twist. Haven't done it in years. Maybe I'll try it next time!

What a nice idea, Claire and PF. I like the once in a while idea. You don't need to change your TNT, just give it a little kick once in a while.:chef:

I didnt know there was anything good in Buellton :) next time Im driving by will definitely stop by and have some of your soup!

Oh, and have your photo taken in those ... what do you call them? Where you stick your heads into holes in a poster!

split pea soup is great! i let my soup get mushy like gerber food using my crockpot, & use a hamhock, seasonings, & pour creme into my soup before dining; the other day, i poached an egg that went rather well w/ that! carrot & celery is a winner w/ split pea.

I use to eat at their restaurant in Carlsbad CA...It's been years since I've eaten thete. The grounds around the restaurant and motel were sure pretty!

I have been to the one in Buellton and like their pea soup OK. This past year I found cans of it at the 99 cents store and bought a bunch. The canned one tastes OK too.

Back
Top Bottom