"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Road Food

Old 08-13-2008, 02:58 PM   #31
Sous Chef

Nick that was amazing writing! Your descriptions, and little humorous interjections made it facinating - and riviting.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:41 PM   #32
Assistant Cook

Nicolas,

Wow Wow and Wow! Thanks so much for taking the time to tell the full story of your experience. It's interesting to note that even though your experience was superlative, that "perfection" can still be improved upon.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:49 PM   #33
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to fireweaver
ah, Nick, add me to the list of jealous admirers you have here. the description was delightful, and obviously i want to go, too! hmmmm, where ever will i find someone to foot that bill for me?

i've had the schramsburg & the le cave you mentioned at first & last, and love them both. if the rest of the wine was as super...

my bf and i just got back to the east coast from a weekend in napa ourselves (a friend was getting married sunday). the wedding & reception were at a resort/restaurant called soleil du auberge, which was super s****y with lovely views and a fantastic wine list itself. the bf said he'd found reviews saying some dishes competed favorably with french laundry's, and while i didn't write a spectacular novel like you did, we certainly enjoyed our reception meal.

long live the foodies & those that feed us!
Old 08-16-2008, 10:15 PM   #34
Senior Cook

Outstanding review of one of my favorite restaurants. I haven't been there in years, but your review brought back some great memories. While reading it, I could almost taste the dishes, based on your excellent descriptions. Thanks for sharing.

Sedagive
Old 11-02-2008, 12:47 PM   #35
Senior Cook

Thumbs up Outstanding!

I can't believe that you are not a professional restaurant reviewer. I was awed by your attention to details. Thanks for sharing your dining experience at the French Laundry with us.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:30 PM   #36
Assistant Cook

My boyfriend is trying to get a job there after he graduates from the Culinary Institute of America. I can't help but hope he does after reading about how amazing your experience was.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:40 AM   #37
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmemex View Post
My boyfriend is trying to get a job there after he graduates from the Culinary Institute of America. I can't help but hope he does after reading about how amazing your experience was.
I am presuming he will need to work a few other places first before he presents himself to Chef Keller. This is not a place to "begin," imho.

Tags
california