CARRIBEAN Islands - St Martin/St Maarten, Anguilla ... suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toots

Head Chef
I am leaving for St Martin this Saturday and I'm staying in Grand Case, the culinary capital of the carribean. Anyone been to St Martin? I've been researching the good (and cheap) places to eat.
we are also hopping on over to Anguilla, so if you've been there and have advice/info, let me know.
:)

I've been there via cruise ship - we did eat at a quaint little cafe on the water (hey, that narrows it down! :ROFLMAO: ) sorry.

The only thing I really remember is the sushi was horrifically expensive!!! What we would pay for a simple salmon roll is roughly $4.00 - it was $12.00 there!!!

I also remember that farther you walk away from where the cruise ship people enter the island the less expensive everything becomes. One of those humongous bottles of Absolute went from roughly $7.95 to $2.99 by the time we stopped walking.

I have not had the pleasure of going for myself but I'd love to.

Another place I would visit to also ask or read about such things is http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showforum=8 I have had good luck reading the ideas of those traveling there before me .

I have found the restaurant reviews to be snooty but too often accurate.

Enjoy your trip!

Kitchenelf, Salmon are all shipped to those tropical waters, you bet they are expensive, I would have gone for the local fish.

Last edited:
I have been there, but spent the entire day snorkeling, and ate on the cruise ship I think. And yes, by all means a trip to the Carribean is the best chance you will ever have to stock ( or in my case, overstock ) your liquor cabinet. Load up on those bottles of Absolut, and then send some to me =)

Robt - I did actually dine on local cuisine - can't remember now what it was though - this was a "hankering" I had for sushi - I mean I HAD TO HAVE SOME! lol As we were walking by the place I snuck in and got a roll to go.

Kitchenelf...
Absolute went from roughly $7.95 to $2.99 by the time we stopped walking.

That's because you drank most of it! lol

The Argentenian Grill on the Dutch side is worth a stop. Their sampler is a Habachi type grill covered with select beef cuts, sausages, and corn on the cob, set on your table to cook to your doneness. Yum! It's on the inlet, not the ocean side.

Back
Top Bottom