"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Road Food
Old 12-13-2006, 03:44 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire
abj, I cannot tell you how sorry I am that I am not you moving to London for 2 years. Best of luck in finding a good flat and some good food, and be sure to tell us all about it.

Kool Aid - Think before you drink.
mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:21 PM   #12
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
I haven't been in London for more than 6 years by now (wow... 6 years?? really!!) so I may not have the most updated information, but whenever I was in London I always ate pretty good without distroying my budget. I always stayed in the same zone as well, I used to eat everywhere and honestly I can't remember any good ones around the immediate vicinity, but come on, from there the tube/bus connection will take you just about anywhere with ease! So... here are a few of my favourites...

Sitara (Indian) on Edgeware Rd. (not far from Paddington sta.)
Trojka (Russian) near Chalk Farm sta.
Manna (Eclectic Vegetarian fare) also near Chalk Farm sta.
Food for Thought Neal St. near Covent Garden

Don't overlook the pub grubs at numerous pubs everywhere, too... they usually offer great value for your money!

urmaniac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 02:46 PM   #13
Senior Cook
There is a wide variety of eating places in London. From simple cafes and fish and chip shops to Indian and chinese and everything in between. And if you get homesick for a taste of the USA there are loads of Starbucks, Pizza Hut, Subway all the fast food places (except Wendys but Wimpys is close enough).
By now there are probably other american establishments opened up that I don't even know of yet.
I miss the fish and chips and having breakfast in the local cafe. They're simpler and quicker than the diners over here and the quality can be a bit hit and miss but I loved them!

NYBrit is offline   Reply With Quote

england, london