"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Road Food
Old 05-05-2007, 11:00 AM   #11
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to YT2095
we find a nice stretch of deserted beach in Mid to North Wales and pitch the Tent on the sand (I had some Special tent pegs made).
plenty fresh Sea air and even I eat more than once a day when camping :)

So long and Thanks for all the Fish ;)

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:15 PM   #12
Sous Chef
Kiltegan in County Wicklow Ireland. Lovely place, nice people and friendly night animals that come out early evening.

There is no love sincerer than the love of food. ~George Bernard Shaw
Jikoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 04:51 PM   #13
Master Chef
Every year when we go to Duck, NC seems like the whole time isplanned around where we're going to eat! Lots of good seafood, and unusual places to eat. Love it! They have EVERYTHING from cheap good sandwiches to fancy 5 star dining.
I could give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!
jabbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 06:04 PM   #14
Executive Chef
County Wicklow Ireland!

Originally Posted by Jikoni
Kiltegan in County Wicklow Ireland. Lovely place, nice people and friendly night animals that come out early evening.
well now, County Wicklow Ireland is not a place you see referenced every day. I have kinfolk buried at Avoco and fully intend to visit there someday. Just where is Kiltegan?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead
bethzaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:34 PM   #15
Assistant Cook
I can say that i like the whole spanish stuff...i went to Mallorca, Teneriffe, Fuerteventura etc. and i really like the spanish food....especially the dessert like creme catalan...yum, yum!!!
And i also like Turkey..or Turkye.....don't know how to write it....they have great baking stuff like this honey-almond-cake.
Best things in life are for free
Verenamunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:41 PM   #16
Our favourite foodie place is Thailand! Been there 30+ times-amazing cuisine and culture. Every place you go there is great food. The street vendors are great cooks.

I must agree with the recommendation of San Francisco as a great foodie spot-also across the bridge in Berkeley. We often eat in Berkeley as it is 15 minutes away. Everything from Ethiopian (Asmara), to Pakistani (Indus) to Fourth Stree Grill (Californian) to Chez Panisse which I love.

Good food and good wine in abundance here!
SF Bay Area
shantihhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:58 PM   #17
Head Chef
My favorite food getaway was Maine, but that's just because my favorite food is lobster. Belgium was also nice, they serve a ton of mussles which are served in big pots and brought right to the table.
Go Sooners
abjcooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:12 PM   #18
Without question, the Tsukiji fish market district in Tokyo. Nowhere else can I wander around and stuff myself with so much amazing sushi for so ridiculously little. My friends and I spent Thanksgiving 2004 roaming the all-night sushi bars right outside the walls of Tsukiji's world-famous (and unfortunately commercial buyer-only) fish market, and eating a piece of toro that would have cost $10 in Chicago for $7 was just glorious.
Smylietron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 04:33 PM   #19
Head Chef
Originally Posted by Aria View Post
legend018, Thank you. Our favorite place is Maine. We now own an Airstream and looking forward to head out to Maine. Do you know of sites
where we would be able to park our Airstream? Thanks again for the lovely
Aria, I travel in an Airstream as well. If you are interested, I may be able to recommend places to park your silver bullet! Maine is a great place to tour.
elaine l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 07:27 PM   #20
Manhattan, new york

I can't even remember the name of the two places, I know it when I see them though. The first place was a chinese restaurant, AWESOME green tea ice cream.
and, the second place was a jamaican restaurant, curried chicken with rice and peas, cabbage and carrots, and a spicy beef patties washed down with a champagne cola!
Can't wait to go back.

Mac-n-Cheese! is offline   Reply With Quote