Favorite Food Getaway?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QuakeSilver

Assistant Cook
Hello everybody! Jill here again ;) Well, it is summer time and I dunno about you guys but I need a vacation! It's no secret when your on a holiday all you want to do is just stuff your face with great grub and kick your feet up on the beach! I love going to Hawaii for a trip because I am such a fish lover, esp. Ono...it's my fave!!! Where does everyone else go on vacation when you just wanna chow down???? :pig:

Gosh, so many places have good food - some of them just take a little searching out! Every place we have ever been and then some is where I would want to go :LOL: Not a very good answer I know but how could I choose one? There is a place on the beach in Jamaica that has the absolute best seafood pizza I have ever had. Then there was this guy who would jerk lobster tails and heat them for you - serve them while you sat out on the beach for $5.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That and some sort of rum cocktail is a GREAT way to watch the sunset!

Our favorite food getaway is our honeymoon spot in Maine. We went for a weekend and now every year we go for a weekend. The restaurant is top quality and we get the package that includes breakfast and dinner.

Black Point Inn, a Historic Maine Inn and Maine Vacation Resort

Also: Info: about there dining.

Fine Restaurant Dining at the Black Point Inn in Prouts Neck, Maine

They used to have the menu posted, I'm not sure why they don't anymore.

The biggest highlights of the honeymoon and one of the main reasons we go back is because of the food. "lol"

San Francisco is, by far, the best city in North America for dining out. You can find any type of cuisine, in any form, and in any setting, from linoleum cafe, to casual, to a 4 or 5 star dress up in your Sunday-Go-To-Meeting clothes place. When I go, I plan my restaurant visits ahead of time, like I would a trip to Alcatraz or a visit to the Point Bonita Lighthouse.

legend018, Thank you. Our favorite place is Maine. We now own an Airstream and looking forward to head out to Maine. Do you know of sites
where we would be able to park our Airstream? Thanks again for the lovely
suggestions.

Aria said:
legend018, Thank you. Our favorite place is Maine. We now own an Airstream and looking forward to head out to Maine. Do you know of sites
suggestions.

I sent you a private message. thanks

Ok, this is gonna sound pretty "low-scale", but we love to go to the River Walk in San Antonio, lots of good places to eat there and also love Port Aranasas for our seafood fix. We usually make at least one of those places if not both once a year.

Port Aranasas has a lot of original places that have been on the island for years and we go back to them as often as we can!!!

we find a nice stretch of deserted beach in Mid to North Wales and pitch the Tent on the sand (I had some Special tent pegs made).
plenty fresh Sea air and even I eat more than once a day when camping :)

Every year when we go to Duck, NC seems like the whole time isplanned around where we're going to eat! Lots of good seafood, and unusual places to eat. Love it! They have EVERYTHING from cheap good sandwiches to fancy 5 star dining.

County Wicklow Ireland!

Jikoni said:
Kiltegan in County Wicklow Ireland. Lovely place, nice people and friendly night animals that come out early evening.

well now, County Wicklow Ireland is not a place you see referenced every day. I have kinfolk buried at Avoco and fully intend to visit there someday. Just where is Kiltegan?

I can say that i like the whole spanish stuff...i went to Mallorca, Teneriffe, Fuerteventura etc. and i really like the spanish food....especially the dessert like creme catalan...yum, yum!!!
And i also like Turkey..or Turkye.....don't know how to write it....they have great baking stuff like this honey-almond-cake.

Our favourite foodie place is Thailand! Been there 30+ times-amazing cuisine and culture. Every place you go there is great food. The street vendors are great cooks.

I must agree with the recommendation of San Francisco as a great foodie spot-also across the bridge in Berkeley. We often eat in Berkeley as it is 15 minutes away. Everything from Ethiopian (Asmara), to Pakistani (Indus) to Fourth Stree Grill (Californian) to Chez Panisse which I love.

Good food and good wine in abundance here!

My favorite food getaway was Maine, but that's just because my favorite food is lobster. Belgium was also nice, they serve a ton of mussles which are served in big pots and brought right to the table.

Without question, the Tsukiji fish market district in Tokyo. Nowhere else can I wander around and stuff myself with so much amazing sushi for so ridiculously little. My friends and I spent Thanksgiving 2004 roaming the all-night sushi bars right outside the walls of Tsukiji's world-famous (and unfortunately commercial buyer-only) fish market, and eating a piece of toro that would have cost $10 in Chicago for $7 was just glorious.

suggestions.

Aria, I travel in an Airstream as well. If you are interested, I may be able to recommend places to park your silver bullet! Maine is a great place to tour.

Manhattan, new york

I can't even remember the name of the two places, I know it when I see them though. The first place was a chinese restaurant, AWESOME green tea ice cream.
and, the second place was a jamaican restaurant, curried chicken with rice and peas, cabbage and carrots, and a spicy beef patties washed down with a champagne cola!
Can't wait to go back.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom