FL - Tampa ... eats by the Ford Amphitheater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
On my way to Tampa. Concert tomorrow night and wondering if there is anywhere to have a fun/decent meal before a concert there. Only suggestion I've gotten so far is Hard Rock. I can eat there any time in almost any state, any other suggestions? Thanks in advance!

If you like spanish food, you could try the Columbian. Food is very good and I think it is reasonable, haven't been there lately. A lot of people go there for lunch, so you do not have to get dressed up. I honestly don't get out to eat much and when I do get to go out my mom picks Red Lobster :( Always Red Lobster.

IcyMist said:
If you like spanish food, you could try the Columbian. Food is very good and I think it is reasonable, haven't been there lately. A lot of people go there for lunch, so you do not have to get dressed up. I honestly don't get out to eat much and when I do get to go out my mom picks Red Lobster :( Always Red Lobster.

I'll google it an see where it is. thanks.

IcyMist said:
I honestly don't get out to eat much and when I do get to go out my mom picks Red Lobster :( Always Red Lobster.

Being that close to the coast, there's gotta be something better then Red Lobster! :ohmy:

As for the Hard Rock, I'm just not impressed.

That said, I don't know Tampa, so I don't have any suggestions outside the thought of being so close to the coast, there's gotta be some seafood place there, better then chain seafood places.

Used to go to a decent Cajun/Creole place in Ybor City, called Cafe Creole. Have not been there in many years, but I believe it is still there.

The Columbia has been around for at least 40 years, so I am not the only one who thinks the food there is good. Has always been a family owned restaurant and they are even newsworthy as somebody stole a bust of the mother who died sometime back from the porch. They had to break the porch up to get it out.

I forgot about the Colonnade which also has some pretty good food. As for good seafood places? Since my mother always picks Red Lobster, I have no clue.....sad isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom