GA - Savannah?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
DH and I are planning a trip to Savannah in early March. We will be in LaGrange Georgia for a storytelling festival the first weekend, then want to stop in Savannah on our way home to Florida.

Any suggestions on places to eat and things to do there? I am going to contact their Tourist Bureau for some stuff, but thought someone on here might have had some experiences there that they will share.

One thing we won't do is get up at half past dark to stand in line outside of Paula Deen's place for a luncheon assignment.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

lyndalou said:
One thing we won't do is get up at half past dark to stand in line outside of Paula Deen's place for a luncheon assignment.

well, good thing about you not bothering with PD's place.
I wrote her a 3 pager when I went and haven't heard a thing back.
So, I emailed her via her web page and still nothing.
Guess she doesn't care about what people 'really' think about her place.
So I guess I won't bother either, any more.

Other than that, I drove from Jacksonville Florida just to set sail for Savannah.
It is cute, quaint and all, but my one motivation was the Lady and Sons.
So, I saw and did nothing else.
Wish I could help you and would if I could, but honestly, just didn't pay attention.

I love Savannah!!! If you don't have much time, I would strongly suggest taking the Old Town Trolley Tour. They have 14 different stops, you can getoff where you want and get back on, they run about every 30 minutes. Ph # 912-233-0083. If you get off on East River Street, you can visit The Peanut Shop (incredible), and Savannah Candy Kitchen (the largest candy store in the south). We didn't eat anywhere special, just grazed our way down East River St.

There is a night tour of Savannah's historic district called, Ghosts & Gravestones. I opted out of that one, I get asceered easily. Done by the same tour company as above.

If you saw "Midnight in the Garden Of Good and Evil", and liked Lady Chablis, he/she used to do a show at Club One that we loved.
www.clubone-Online .com.

We also opted not to wait at Lady & Sons for lunch. The toursit bureau is where we got all our info, very helpful. Have a great time!!!! Bring comfy shoes, it's a great walking city.

Last edited:
DH and I are planning a trip to Savannah in early March. We will be in LaGrange Georgia for a storytelling festival the first weekend, then want to stop in Savannah on our way home to Florida.

Any suggestions on places to eat and things to do there? I am going to contact their Tourist Bureau for some stuff, but thought someone on here might have had some experiences there that they will share.

I realize that this trip has long since passed, but I was marveling at taking a trip to LaGrange and then stopping in Savannah considering LaGrange borders Alabama and Savannah is as east as you can get in GA. :)

Back
Top Bottom