Georgia, Savannah - To Clean or Not to Clean

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really? I always thought it was a digestive tract.

I just read that there is vein running really close to the digestive tract, so you would need to be a shrimp surgeon if you wanted to get rid of that bit of digestive tract without also deveining the shrimp. ;)

I personally don't mind the vein although I can see why people would have a problem. I doubt most people could taste the difference, but than again, most people probably don't enjoy a string of poop between their teeth. Even if it doesn't bother me, a shrimp served with the vein gives me an idea of the care taken with the food.

I personally don't mind the vein although I can see why people would have a problem. I doubt most people could taste the difference, but than again, most people probably don't enjoy a string of poop between their teeth. Even if it doesn't bother me, a shrimp served with the vein gives me an idea of the care taken with the food.

I agree with that idea, but then, it depends on the people who will eat.
For me, with or without, I will still eat it. :)

restaurants who have or are trying to establish themselves with a high profile will never like to admit a mistake, instead would let you believe that this is the manor in which they conduct themselves. for example i went to a very nice restaurant in Bristol where the meat was too rare for me and the chef declined to cook it any more because that was how he cooks it!!! unreal or what?

Back
Top Bottom